Homebrew Icons Pack Is Now At V4.0

Alex. posted on Mar 27 2007 at 04:42 AM said:
PicoDrive
picodrivezf3.png
Hm, could include this with official release, but I think this one is a bit overused. Can somebody do less common alternative? Shrunk Sonic from Sonic CD for example?

Last edited by a moderator:
notaz posted on Mar 29 2007 at 03:43 PM said:
Alex. posted on Mar 27 2007 at 04:42 AM said:
PicoDrive
picodrivezf3.png
Hm, could include this with official release, but I think this one is a bit overused. Can somebody do less common alternative? Shrunk Sonic from Sonic CD for example?
How about this?

soniccdaw3.png

purple_goat posted on Mar 29 2007 at 03:10 PM said:
rokdcasbah posted on Mar 29 2007 at 09:08 AM said:
uhh... thanks but I am using gimp so I have no clue how to do that (the others were in flash)

hmm...i don't use the gimp but if you were to make it larger and scale it down, i think it's called "scale image".
now I am totally confused..
how would I do it in photoshop?
:huh:

thanks

ok, try to make a new image in photoshop that's larger than you need it to be, but the same aspect ratio. say, 320 x 320. then make your image. then, in the menu bar, go to "image" and then "image size" and make it 32x32 pixels. then hit ctrl+shift+alt+s (save for web) and select PNG-24. if you left the bottom layer transparent and the icon is round then you should have nicely blended edges everywhere.

but don't go crazy i was just trying to set you up with some more skillz. :D

rokdcasbah posted on Mar 30 2007 at 12:10 PM said:
purple_goat posted on Mar 29 2007 at 03:10 PM said:
rokdcasbah posted on Mar 29 2007 at 09:08 AM said:
uhh... thanks but I am using gimp so I have no clue how to do that (the others were in flash)

hmm...i don't use the gimp but if you were to make it larger and scale it down, i think it's called "scale image".
now I am totally confused..
how would I do it in photoshop?
:huh:

thanks

ok, try to make a new image in photoshop that's larger than you need it to be, but the same aspect ratio. say, 320 x 320. then make your image. then, in the menu bar, go to "image" and then "image size" and make it 32x32 pixels. then hit ctrl+shift+alt+s (save for web) and select PNG-24. if you left the bottom layer transparent and the icon is round then you should have nicely blended edges everywhere.

but don't go crazy i was just trying to set you up with some more skillz. :D
:blink: brilliant! I should have thought of it myself :lol:

Thanks

I just formatted my 2GB SD, and while re-adding Gmenu2x links I found some more icon-less things. I don't remember if they're in the icon pack already, but I didn't have them, so here they are:

Beat2x
beat2xta8.png

Beats of Rage
borml4.png

MadMix
madmixtt2.png

OpenTTD
openttdev4.png

Powermanga
powermangata3.png

The Minigame Project
tmphd8.png

(continuation, image limit)

Sokoban
sokobanfx5.png

Oh, and a nice Gmenu2x bg cropped from a nice Vista wallpaper, it looks mighty sharp on the LCD:
bges3.png

Alex. said:
I just formatted my 2GB SD, and while re-adding Gmenu2x links I found some more icon-less things. I don't remember if they're in the icon pack already, but I didn't have them, so here they are:
[pictures]
those are great dude! those need to be officially added to the official releases in an official order.

Back