Holidays

...and RIP all the other BILLIONS of people who have ever died (but not had their faces splashed all over the tabloid newspapers)

I simple do not understand the fascination with teh 'Royal Family'. How can you all be sure you're not just suckered in, in exactly the same way that you're all suckered-in to watch people ice-skating, dancing etc?

its 99% of the news here, youd think the referendum on how our voting system works would get at least some coverage, this mornings news was about a bunch of ladies camping out for 3 days to see the couple

its 99% of the news here, youd think the referendum on how our voting system works would get at least some coverage, this mornings news was about a bunch of ladies camping out for 3 days to see the couple

And this is why TV is dead to me. Rather shocked at how the TV media are covering the referendum.

And this is why TV is dead to me. Rather shocked at how the TV media are covering the referendum.

you mean how they're not :p though what i have seen of it is very vote no biased, just regurgitating the same ridiculous arguments that don't make any sense, shouldn't be allowed to do that really

Craig, ED - get away from the project for a few days. Better still have a darn good session with a Pandora to reaffirm it's all worth it.

Whinging wankers like me will be waiting for you when you get back. :p

...and RIP all the other BILLIONS of people who have ever died (but not had their faces splashed all over the tabloid newspapers)

I simple do not understand the fascination with teh 'Royal Family'. How can you all be sure you're not just suckered in, in exactly the same way that you're all suckered-in to watch people ice-skating, dancing etc?
i could give a rats ass about the royal family, but princess diana was a special person, shes like the british bill clinton to me. for a princess to go into a country that was at civil war at the time and try to change things for the better only to die by the hands of the paparazzi is disturbing

...for a princess to go into a country that was at civil war at the time and try to change things for the better only to die by the hands of the paparazzi is disturbing

Yep, quite a PR move that. She was a normal person, nobody to be revered, heck nobody to actualy give any respect to either due to her extra-marital affairs (a good friend of mine has recently been on the losing end of an extra-marital affair and I have no respect for her either)

She was a person who married into the Royals, did some good PR, did some bad PR. Then died. Big deal. Did she cure cancer? No. Did she invent a cure for diabetes? No.

Agreed, she may well have made a few sick kids in far-off places smile and for that I say, well done: I wish I could afford to do that myself!

I'm open to having my mind changed on this though...perhaps I don't have all the facts?

You're obviously not cynical enough. This is actually a major political tactic: when there's an election coming up and you want to control the votes, distract the people so that only people that you want to vote will be voting.

The Dukes of Hazard movie is a very good low-brow demonstration, but it's been happening for decades all around the world. Bad things at home, go to war, make people forget bad things until they get better. So on and so forth. Not to mention that referendum is boring but fancy wedding is exciting! Media is behaving exactly like how I would expect them to.

You're obviously not cynical enough. This is actually a major political tactic: when there's an election coming up and you want to control the votes, distract the people so that only people that you want to vote will be voting.

The Dukes of Hazard movie is a very good low-brow demonstration, but it's been happening for decades all around the world. Bad things at home, go to war, make people forget bad things until they get better. So on and so forth. Not to mention that referendum is boring but fancy wedding is exciting! Media is behaving exactly like how I would expect them to.

that's the first time anyone has told me i'm not cynical enough, i shall try harder :D

Kate-Middleton37.jpg
800_kate_middleton_rehearsal_ap_110428_430241.jpg
kate_middleton.jpg

Back