help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, guys, we don't need a paper trail of posts about bestiality all over the forums to justify this sort of action. The guy was being a nuisance, re-posting the same peurile and innappropriate thing repeatedly as a new thread.

Step up and be a dipshit once in a while and you'll get let off with a warn or two, but persisting is basically tantamount to begging for a ban. We've got more constructive things to do than deal with this idiocy.

I'd much prefer to spend my time helping others and nurturing the positive things on these forums than dealing with trash.

nothankyou.jpg

lol nice sony and most fourms have a trash can where mods move the posts anyways my bad for not being there for the for the rights of the horse-penis-in-anus people i got the day wrong and i came late :)

Ah, more successful covert moderation by Gadgetoid. I get that banning someone is the only way to stop spam, but the whole story is a little strange on account of him saying he only made one post of this. Of course with everything shoved off we have no real idea what happened. But that's okay, mods don't need accountability, right? Transparency is stupid, clearly they always know best so what do we need to know.

Now that it's pretty clear (at least to me) that there's some potential he's sorry and won't be a twat anymore why don't you humor me and ask him if he's willing to behave, and give him another chance.

i agree if he says stuff like that give him a warning and warn him via pm and give him another chance some times people are trying to joke and dont realize that thrir being harmful to the forums then at least if he does it again you will know if you warned him and then you can take action

@Exophase - Actually, I was the one who hid the first one from view. It was late, I was about to clock out for the night, and the report came in. I couldn't see the value in leaving a post asking very specific disgusting questions on show, at that point. There was at least a second post that I'm aware of, but I left that alone, as it wasn't explicit like the first one. My apologies - it was rather late at the time.

Regarding accountability, there's a reason I raised a discussion some weeks ago about the ability all people (not just moderators and admins, but obviously it absolutely shouldn't be present for them either) here have to stealth-edit, amongst other things. I don't think it should be present (hopefully the reasons for that are obvious).

As for 404, if he can behave himself, I, at least, would be happy to give him a second chance (though my point of view probably doesn't count for too much :p ). I've done so with others, so there's no reason I wouldn't extend that to him as well. I'm sure we all remember how Blue Protoman changed for the better after his quite similar early days.

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand that spam threads, particularly offensive spam threads, doesn't belong in the forum proper. However, these things can/could have happened:

1) Have whatever threads or posts need to be removed placed in a publicly visible junk forum where it doesn't hurt anyone.

2) For something that's not recurring hand out warnings, unless it's clear we're talking about a spam bot. Bans should be used to keep people in the forum happy, not to remove individuals you consider "trash." When it's something most people didn't even notice then a ban is hasty. I'm not saying do nothing, but give the person a warning and a stern talking to so they get the picture.

3) If someone has to be banned make a thread indicating it and why, so people know what's going on, instead of the person looking like they're erased. Have an administration section for this.

4) As soon as this thread came up a COMPLETE disclosure of what happened should have been made instead of Craig just pasting one snippet.

That last one is really key to me. I didn't like it when notaz's complaint about Craig got spawned into a totally inappropriate thread that made him look like a much bigger jerk than he was being and got everyone to attack him - meanwhile, it took pages of responses before Gadgetoid would admit he was the one who splintered it. This situation has the same stink to it.

@Exo - I'm not so sure on the public "junk" forum, but I'm pretty sure you and I are on the same page. :p (I can't really comment on bannings, though. To date, I've never dealt with one.)

IMO, XXX material is too inappropriate to put in a so called "publicly visible junk forum".

If it's pictures, remove them with an edited in explanation. I think the people on these forums can handle bad language. But we're talking about dumping stuff on a forum that's bad by definition. If you don't like that don't GO there.

you guys realize youre making a huge deal over a 14 year old right?

What about apologizing and asking for a second chance?

Would be the obvious way for me if I posted something about huge things in craigs anus here...

lets not go there with a public junk fourm it would just waste moderators time and people will post just to get it in there for the lols. and i hope you know a 14 year old kid jailbroke the iphone then put out a tool for others to do it with ease.

I didn't like it when notaz's complaint about Craig got spawned into a totally inappropriate thread that made him look like a much bigger jerk than he was being and got everyone to attack him - meanwhile, it took pages of responses before Gadgetoid would admit he was the one who splintered it. This situation has the same stink to it.

Right. You need to stop this absurd rush of criticism. There's no conspiracy. I didn't "admit" to anything, I "clarified." I wasn't being deliberately evasive at all. I split it to remove thread derailment from an otherwise positive and productive thread. I can't delete posts, and I can't move them... So what do you want me to do. Should I run every action by you to check it's "appropriate"?

Right now I'm hesitant to take any action because people like you over-analyse EVERYTHING and crawl right up our asses at any opportunity.

Does ever minutae of this forum need to be ceaselessly analysed by people here, or can we do our job? For the record, I have never and probably will hit the ban button on anyone. I've tried to be fair and lenient.. But noooo.

sadly anything you do will be wrong some one wont like it. you just need to do it and be done with it. if they don't like it then they can just leave dont let them cause more drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back