Why Are My Posts Being Concatenated?

charlieb

Hi,
I'm having a little problem with the forums. When I reply to someone I get a single post which is nice but when I try to reply to someone else in the same topic my posts are concatenated together and added to the end of the thread. Am I doing something wrong? It makes keeping the thread structured really difficult!

Cheers
Charlie

Shikkers posted on Dec 17 2006 at 10:35 AM said:
It's called merging. It prevents double posting.
Ok so what constitutes double posting and how can I avoid conjoined posts? I know there must be a way because you guys post multiple times to the same topic all the time.
Am I replying twice to the same post by mistake? I didn't seem to happen to this post ?!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is post 1.

This is post 2

It will keep on doing it until someone else posts or until a certain amount of time has passed.

Shikkers posted on Dec 17 2006 at 10:58 AM said:
This is post 1.

This is post 2

It will keep on doing it until someone else posts or until a certain amount of time has passed.

Ok so I'm not an idiot (in this case) I'm just a litle over-eager.

Cheers
Charlie

Click the [+] Quote button next to the posts you want to quote (you can select multiple posts).
Then click 'Add Reply' at the bottom of the page.

That's the "official way" to reply to multiple people in one post. If you decide to do it by clicking 'Reply' to posts individually, the software will merge your posts to keep things neat.

Rico posted on Dec 17 2006 at 12:15 PM said:
Click the [+] Quote button next to the posts you want to quote (you can select multiple posts).
Then click 'Add Reply' at the bottom of the page.

That's the "official way" to reply to multiple people in one post. If you decide to do it by clicking 'Reply' to posts individually, the software will merge your posts to keep things neat.

It all makes sense now that it's been explained. My problem was that I was hitting reply, composing the reply and in the mean time others replied. I hit post then go to reply to someone else's post in the same thread so actually I am posting twice in a row.

Charlie

Back