Help With Bob

Frankie

Still Fresh
I've used the search and found nothing relevant.
I'm trying to unbrick my GP2X,connected to a power supply and to the BOB,BOB connected to power and to PC.I run the software to sort it and it just flashes up on my pc screen and disappears.GP2X is sitting there with multi coloured lines still :huh:

Frankie posted on Oct 4 2006 at 07:08 PM said:
no ideas?

I assume your using correctly wired leads for the parallel and serial connections and you have done the usual of checking guides on the WiKi etc.

Can you also post up the output from the application (if you run it from CMD as this will give us all something to go on).

The more vague your question and the less information in it the less chance you will get help.

John

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply.All leads are plugged in and correct.I can't put up an output as the window just flashes up and dissapears.I don't know whats going on.

Frankie posted on Oct 4 2006 at 08:24 PM said:
Thanks for the reply.All leads are plugged in and correct.I can't put up an output as the window just flashes up and dissapears.I don't know whats going on.

Then run it from a command prompt please.

Start, Run, CMD then type

CD "your folder with GP2XRecovery in it"
GP2XRecovery

etc. etc.

Just to check you have

one lead connected to a serial port (and hyperterminal setup to see the GP2X).
one lead connected to a parallel port on the PC and parallel port on the BoB that is a 1 to 1 mapped lead (not a laplink style lead) << That is a must or your going nowhere.

:unsure: Think I've been a bit special,I hooked up the 25 pin and the other lead that comes with the BOB only.So I'm missing the 9 pin serial...sorry,thoguht I had everything :unsure: Will try again and see what happens.Thanks for your help.Thoguht I'd read it right but obviously not

Frankie posted on Oct 5 2006 at 01:47 PM said:
:unsure: Think I've been a bit special,I hooked up the 25 pin and the other lead that comes with the BOB only.So I'm missing the 9 pin serial...sorry,thoguht I had everything :unsure: Will try again and see what happens.Thanks for your help.Thoguht I'd read it right but obviously not

Hmmm, well serial is an optional I guess, just a must to help and try and debug problems.

How is your parallel port setup in the BIOS? Is it definately LPT1 (the GPH tool is hardcoded to that).

John

Back