Bob Troubles

foleyjo

Help

My GP2X stopped registering my harddrive through my bob. Ive checked the settings and they are correct. Storage is on.
USB joypads and Mice are still working.
The harddrive works on the PC and it was working previously on the GP2X.

Any ideas anyone :huh:

Tried reformatting? And to FAT32.
Also check the power supplies.

Miika said:
Tried reformatting? And to FAT32.
Also check the power supplies.
I havent tried yet but to be honest i checked on the pc and the data on the harddrive has not changed since i last put it on my 2X

Last edited by a moderator:
From battary power HDD shouldn't work.
If you have mk2 model - you need to power via AC adapter.
MK1 case - two AC adapters and strong hammer

quasist said:
From battary power HDD shouldn't work.
If you have mk2 model - you need to power via AC adapter.
MK1 case - two AC adapters and strong hammer
The setup I had that was working was Gp2X powered by AC and HDD powered by external power source and this worked fine

Again, you won't get anywhere by just trying again and again.
Something might just have gone wrong, corrupted etc. Backup all the data on your computer HDD, clear the external one thorougly (Try HDD wipe), reformat it and copy some files over and see if it works.

Right it turns out if I supply external power to the BoB it now works. However I never had to do this previously. I dug out an old multi adapter plug and tried it and it worked.
Any ideas why this is suddenly neccassary? Never had to do it before because the hdd is already externally powered.

:blink:

foleyjo said:
Right it turns out if I supply external power to the BoB it now works. However I never had to do this previously. I dug out an old multi adapter plug and tried it and it worked.
Any ideas why this is suddenly neccassary? Never had to do it before because the hdd is already externally powered.

:blink:
Maybe your HDD's power supply crapped out? Even if it is externally powered, it might take its power from the USB, if there is enough. If there isn't enough, then you are supposed to use the supply.

Miika said:
Maybe your HDD's power supply crapped out? Even if it is externally powered, it might take its power from the USB, if there is enough. If there isn't enough, then you are supposed to use the supply.
I dont think it takes power from the USB. Its an internal IDE harddisk running through a USB to IDE cable and its the big type not the laptop type so it doesnt take power from the IDE.

The thing that baffles me is I have never plugged my BoB into an external power source till yesterday and I had no problems with power.

Ahh well at least its working now. Thanks for the advice everyone :)

Back