Usb Host Through Bob, Lockups

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
Im was trying to get a mouse to work on my GP2X (mk2, fw2.0) through the bob board. Once I plug in the mouse the GP2X appears to lock up. The green light on the BOB turns on, and mouse is powered. I powered the board with a 3v 700 ma and then a 4V 1000 ma supply. I made the correct settings in the GP2X menu.
(I lookedover the manual again, im going to try powering through the GP2X with the AC adapter)

Any other ideas?

I power my gp2x with the psu I got with it (not sure but I think it might be 1A), and the bob with 3V 300mA, and I've never had any mouse problems. Not tried with the gp2x on batteries because I can't.

Pickle posted on Aug 15 2006 at 02:11 PM said:
Im was trying to get a mouse to work on my GP2X (mk2, fw2.0) through the bob board. Once I plug in the mouse the GP2X appears to lock up. The green light on the BOB turns on, and mouse is powered. I powered the board with a 3v 700 ma and then a 4V 1000 ma supply. I made the correct settings in the GP2X menu.
(I lookedover the manual again, im going to try powering through the GP2X with the AC adapter)

Any other ideas?
Are you plugging the mouse in after switching on? I'm not sure that the GP2X auto mounts USB peripherals properly after the initial boot. I always have the keyboard / mouse / joystick plugged in before switching on and I don't have any problems.

The only thing that crashes the GP2X for me is USBnet to Linux, but I'm assuming that's a problem with me running kernel 2.6.17. It works under Windows fine but I do all my developing under Fedora...

Last edited by a moderator:
paeryn posted on Aug 15 2006 at 03:43 PM said:
Pickle posted on Aug 15 2006 at 02:11 PM said:

Any other ideas?
Are you plugging the mouse in after switching on? I'm not sure that the GP2X auto mounts USB peripherals properly after the initial boot. I always have the keyboard / mouse / joystick plugged in before switching on and I don't have any problems.

The only thing that crashes the GP2X for me is USBnet to Linux, but I'm assuming that's a problem with me running kernel 2.6.17. It works under Windows fine but I do all my developing under Fedora...

Yes i pluged it in before I powered on the GP2X, but I tried both ways. If i start with it pluged in I get a couple of seconds before the menu locks.

I plug in a usb mouse and keyboard after booting and it all works fine. Even after removing them and plugging them back in again several times the gp2x always detects them. Try connecting a serial cable to the bob and see what the output is when the mouse is plugged in.

woogal posted on Aug 15 2006 at 06:55 PM said:
I plug in a usb mouse and keyboard after booting and it all works fine. Even after removing them and plugging them back in again several times the gp2x always detects them. Try connecting a serial cable to the bob and see what the output is when the mouse is plugged in.

Will do, I will give it a try tonight so I will post tomorrow.

Well I did the serial output and I think ive come to the conclusion that the mouse isnt supported.

I did get my gravis gamepad to work and saw the corresponding messages. hot plugging at that. The mouse only spits out the Product name and then hangs.

I think i will try some other usb mouses. (guess thats what you get for buying the cheapest mouse you can find)

Back