Bob

palloyd-jones

Still Fresh
Hi

I have just purchased a BOB I for my GP2X. I must be doing something wrong as the write up says I need only plugin a keyboard and mouse to have a desk top PC. Well it does not work for me. The LED on the BOB comes on, and that is it.

The keyboard is dead (Caps Lock Light does not operate). Am I doing something wrong or are there drivers to load. The BOB came with no instructions.

thanks in advance

Peter

Peter L-J posted on Oct 27 2006 at 06:41 AM said:
Hi

I have just purchased a BOB I for my GP2X. I must be doing something wrong as the write up says I need only plugin a keyboard and mouse to have a desk top PC. Well it does not work for me. The LED on the BOB comes on, and that is it.

The keyboard is dead (Caps Lock Light does not operate). Am I doing something wrong or are there drivers to load. The BOB came with no instructions.

thanks in advance

Peter

I have a similar problem where one of my mice didnt work. The best thing to do is hook the serial and watch the output on hyperterminal. Once all the startup dialog is done plug in your usb keyboard/mouse. You should see some messages saying a device connected.
There are no drivers needed.
Another thing to consider is, are you powering BOB on another power supply or are you going through your GP2X?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Pickle

Yes I think I will have to get a power supply. However until I can get one I will sort out a serial cable and hyper terminal (which I assume is a windows thing.)

Thanks

Peter

Peter L-J posted on Oct 27 2006 at 11:06 AM said:
Hi Pickle

Yes I think I will have to get a power supply. However until I can get one I will sort out a serial cable and hyper terminal (which I assume is a windows thing.)

Thanks

Peter

there are terminals for both linux and windows

Last edited by a moderator:
i use a power supply with mine and the mouse and keyboard works fine, you do have to enable them in the settings menu tho if you havent allready should show as human interface

EDIT: spelling as usual

Back