Caanoo Emulator Problems

thelion1856

Still Fresh
Greetings everyone! Im a new owner of a Caanoo i downloaded the starter kit by BAFelton found here http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/57727-caanoo-starter-kit/

now gpfce, gpsp & pico drive run great! My roms i added seem to work smoothly on them no problems.

on the other hand there are some emulators that i cant get working

1) Drsms - working! *edit

2) gngeo - working! just need a few hard to find roms :/ *edit

3)mame4all - working! *edit

I have a SANDISC ultra 8 gig class 10 SD card. My firmware is 1.6.0

Any kind of help would be appreciated, i have tried to search this forum to see if anyone else had this kind of problem but i did not see anything. Any help would be cool thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
update: i've been reading the forums and the people who had problems and fixed them and gave updates has helped me out a bit so i thought i'd give an update on what i have fixed so far and explain why it wasnt working for me so it can possibly help others who might have the same problem in the future.

i pretty much got the gngeo emulator running almost all of the games i want but am having an incredibly hard time getting these to work

crouching tiger hidden dragon 2003 super plus

samurai showdown v (uncensored)

kof special editions in the rom list and the later year ones

it was not reading my roms because i had unzipped them into the gngeo roms folder and had changed some of the folders files names of the games i think. But the ones listed above should have worked like the rest but they did not. They were listed in gngeo game list on my caanoo in green but when i clicked on any of those ones it said something like i had the wrong rom. but i dont see how that could have been?

update:

drsms: so i finally got this working! Done

gngeo: got most games working except for the ones i mentioned above if anyone can get the harder to find games please let me know how to get them working.

mame4all: working & in my searching i found out about cps2 emu!

So i think the emulator i wanted the most on this machine wasnt even the MAME4all but cps2.

cps2: i found nothing on this forum on how to get these games working i have a few roms. one that the emulator came with works fine and is listed in green font. the others i have say this when i try to load them....

CPS2EMU for GP2X (Ver 10)
Sound: Enable
Samplerate: 22050 Hz
Rescale: Software rescale

Loading cache information data...
ERROR: unsupported cache file.
Please rebuild cache file.
Press any button.

why does it say that and it says cache file is not supported what does that mean? *edit screw this emulator final burn alpha is the way to go!

update: screw cps2, i got almost capcom games listed working in the final burn alpha emulator from the BAFelton starter kit working just as nice as they did in the arcade.

now the only question i have for final burn alpha emulator is the neo geo part of it. Are the roms the same roms for gngeo emulator? or is it the arcade version of roms for neo geo? And if it is, what is the correct rom set? It took me forever to find the correct romset for the cps2 and it was by pure luck that i came across it.

Back