Emulators Not Booting From Ginge

4thHorseman

Still Fresh
Sorry for a dumb question in advance, but received my Caanoo for Christmas yesterday. I was having some trouble so I jumped onto this site and downloaded the Starter Pack from another thread. I was asking this question there, but thought I would have a better chance starting a whole new thread.

Basically, using that starter kit, I have added roms to the emulators I want to use. However, when I go in to play them, I'm only having luck with the Picodrive emulator to work. When I try to use the others for the .gpe or .gpu files, it kicks me back to the main ginge screen where I can select Game, Music, Settings, etc.

Would anyone be willing to help me out? I've been so eager to get a Caanoo and now that I have one, it's so frustrating not being able to use it properly.

Thanks!

When I go into the game menu on the caanoo, nothing shows up. No emulators, no roms, nothing. The only place I can even see them is when I go into the ginge app that was included in the Starter Kit.

Do you put the emulators in the 'game' folder, and the .ini files in the same folder alongside them?

The way I have it broken down in the caanoo is what shows when it's plugged into the computer:

• Apps
  • Game
  • Music
  • Ebook
  • Movie
  • Photo
  • NED LIC (system file)
  • NED SID (system file)

When I go into the Games folder, the following are folders also:
  • Game
  • Img
  • roms
  • timidity

Go into the game folder again:
  • Folders for the following: drsms, gpfce, gpsp, mame4all_2.5, OhBoy, PCSX4ALL,pcsx_rearmed, PicoDrive, Snes9x4C, uae4all.
  • The individual configuration settings (I think these are the .ini's?) for each emulator.

Then in each of the emulator folders are things like the borders folders, roms folders, PNG images, the .gpe and .gpu files, etc.

I wasn't sure if this was the correct format or not, but I just downloaded everything from the Starter Kit and left it as it was and added the roms to their respective emulator folders. So I'm sure I put in extra steps or missing something that is screwing everything up entirely.

Oh my god, such an easy fix and I couldn't figure it out. I'M DOOMED!

But it's working now. Thank you both for answering my stupid question!

Back