Hellollo And Goodbyeye

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name=NeuTek"]I'm going to put my money in the beagle board instead as I want to get on with some music related development and cant wait any longer...[/quote]
Rather than this being a "I'm cancelling and you all suck if you don't cancel too" sort of thread, I'm actually kind of chuffed he's buying himself a Beagle Board so he can get started on development work sooner rather than later. This is A Good Thing (for those of us interested in such things) as the chances of anything he manages to get going being able to make the leap over to the Pandora is very high indeed.

Yay! :D

Hey paddy! tl;dr :p
Please don't turn this thread into something ugly. I'd stand there like an idiot tomorrow. Good night :)

WizardStan said:
I've notice how (apart from Rockthesmurf) the only really negative comments are the ones berating the as yet nonexistent "fanbois".

RockTheSmurf == Fanboy.

That is all.

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
You say goodbye,
And I say hello.
Hello hello,
I don't know why you say goodbye,
I say hello.

For some reason that misspelling Hellollo reminds me of this (video unrelated)
TBH I like waiting, watching new developments and OS source being distributed (and constantly improved) - I'm in the tailend of the queque, so I know by the time I get mine, it'll have good support backing it (heck I'll have a spot for it in my basement studio setup even). Personally as I watch developments I can see that this definitely is different, really stands out from the rest of 'appliance' electronics that we see nowdays (and isn't "just another emulation/Mp4 device") - I hope the community keeps it that way :)

Waiting happily :lol:

paddy said:
iv gota laugh ,some people should go have a wank or something to let out some steam ,the guy deserves a medal for his wait and free loan of cash to OPT ,and on top of that he might actuly come back for a pandora when one is actuly avail ! also prolly getting a beagle means he could write software for the pandora ,but not with such utter shite mouth puke through fingers of some of the people (can i even call them people) that are supposed to be supportng OPT not alienating the world from such a project as the pandora and jumping clapping hands like a madman on speed at the possibility they get their pandora a weee bit quicker (mabe) .... you know i do actuly feel bad for all you guys that are waiting, i even had this great idea for OPT where alot of people could get use of a dev/broken unit while waiting ,say my old pandora ,it has broken nub ,broken sd2 and a few other issues that don't mean the unit is unusable ,what if OPT got a signup form and all the very interested hardcore trustworthy forum users could get a week each with this unit then pass it on down the list while waiting on their pandora.

Wouldn't that be a nice idea for all you guys to spend a week with a slightly broken (dev) pandora ?
I think it's a great idea paddy. Sign me up! :)

mali said:
I've reopened this thread. The OP didn't break any rules and I don't think I'm tied to Open Pandora Limited in any way so I just follow the rules of these boards.
No harm intended.
Even flames threads can be tolerated if they help to clean the atmosphere. I don't think this thread will turn into a flame thread, though.

So... erm... what exactly are you expecting here?
He just said why he cancelled and good-bye...

We had the same here, here, and here.

That lead to that topic here.

I'm not sure what you think that thread here will be useful for... I don't expect some interesting discussions... and I thought a moderator should try to keep a board clean and readable, too.
But okay, I will leave it open, though I really have no idea why, as it will probably just turn into a thread where people just post what want, regardless if it has much to do with the original post or not :)

Last edited:
You're all smashing people. Every... single... last... one of you. Even the ones I havent met yet... you're certainly fantastic. Who here isn't fantastic? Nobody, that's who. The whole bunch of you: brilliant. It's been an absolute pleasure, and as such you have my eternal gratitude. Why? Well, why not? I don't need a reason, and you know why?

You. You're the reason why - it's because you're awesome. You sitting right there... yes you! Don't look behind your shoulder. I'm talking about the awesome person, and guess what? You're them.

If I sat here and counted on my fingers all the reasons why you're so great, I would run out of fingers. I would have to grow more fingers. You see, I would become some kind of mutated freak just to show the world a glimpse of how awesome you can be. I would replace my fingers with fish fingers, just so I could have more fingers. I would physically pleasure Captain Birdeye, just to get all the fish fingers in the world... I would construct a giant hand sculpture out of them, just to capture even one percentile of how great you are.

What i'm trying to say is that you are amazing. All of you are. The only person here who isn't is me. I can't even measure up. I don't even qualify. I'm not even in the same league. Compared to you guys, I'm a starving third world African, and you are Richard Branson in his money-burning balloon.

I'm the tramp on the street with a needle sticking out of his arm, foaming at the mouth and muttering filth. You... you're the Queen passing in her regal carriage.

You. You. You.

You just rock. You're tops. I'm gonna shut up now, cause I'm disgusted with how pathetic I sound. You could never be pathetic.

There you go. Just made the thread worthwhile.

SomeGuy99 said:
I think you're all smashing people. Every single last one of you, even the ones I havent met yet... I'm sure you're fantastic people too. It's been an absolute pleasure. Thank you!

There you go. Made the thread worthwhile.
Am I the only one that's wondering who the first dev to create a whack a mole rendition of this thread topic?

hedwards said:
SomeGuy99 said:
I think you're all smashing people. Every single last one of you, even the ones I havent met yet... I'm sure you're fantastic people too. It's been an absolute pleasure. Thank you!

There you go. Made the thread worthwhile.
Am I the only one that's wondering who the first dev to create a whack a mole rendition of this thread topic?

That's a fantastic idea! I love it when all the cool people in this community are so creative. Thanks man!

I understand the desire to pull out. If I gave one shiny rat's arse about $300 I would have done so a long time ago. Many, many moons ago this became an example of the old adage, "never loan more money than you are willing to lose". When (I am still assuming this isn't an "if") I get my pandora (ordered at about 1pm on Sep. 30, 2008) I will play with it... but the novelty wore off a long time ago.

Will I enjoy my pandora? Yes.

Would I lose any sleep at this point if it never showed up? No.

P

NeuTek said:
I'm going to put my money in the beagle board instead as I want to get on with some music related development and cant wait any longer...

I wish you success. Partly 'cause I'm just that kinda guy, and partly 'cause I hope you are willing to share the fruits of these efforts. :p

Plowman said:
I understand the desire to pull out.
Really? Usually I have to force myself to pull out.
(yeah, I went there. It's all downhill from here, baby. :p)
(That's what she said :( )

EvilDragon said:
So... erm... what exactly are you expecting here?
He just said why he cancelled and good-bye...

We had the same here, here, and here.

That lead to that topic here.

I'm not sure what you think that thread here will be useful for... I don't expect some interesting discussions... and I thought a moderator should try to keep a board clean and readable, too.
But okay, I will leave it open, though I really have no idea why, as it will probably just turn into a thread where people just post what want, regardless if it has much to do with the original post or not :)

I expected exactly what happened now. A thread filled with mostly nonsense. I'll move it to off topic now. The problem is, I don't want to do the wrong thing to do the right thing or some such. If I think I know the outcome of a thread before, am I allowed to close it? I don't think so. I can wait till it turns into yet another stupid thread and then I can do something about it.
I have to admit that I was a bit "inspired" by the discussion on the German boards yesterday ;) I find it amazing that you can keep a MOD in his position who erodes the good will of the community. Yeah right, he was part of the reason why I cancelled my preorder 1.5 years ago. I hope you get it sorted out before only fanboys are left on the boards.
I'll wait for feedback from the users here and if they think I should be more strict, I'll think about it. Am I mistaken when I say that the climate improved in the last weeks?

mali said:
I'll wait for feedback from the users here and if they think I should be more strict, I'll think about it. Am I mistaken when I say that the climate improved in the last weeks?

Thanks for keeping the topic up. My guess is that I'll probably find out about a competitor's device via a cancellation thread here ;) should such a device ever appear.

I think that the climate has probably improved due to users losing interest, and the super-fan-boys having to get their money back (either because their parents are tired of waiting, or there was a newer, shinier toy that they wanted). Echoing the sentiments of another poster in this thread, I haven't canceled because $300 isn't a big deal to me. If I needed them money for something else, I'd be gone.

Also, I think that Mr. Dragon doth protest too much. Best way to shut up threads like this is to ship some more units.

Plowman said:
I understand the desire to pull out. If I gave one shiny rat's arse about $300 I would have done so a long time ago. Many, many moons ago this became an example of the old adage, "never loan more money than you are willing to lose". When (I am still assuming this isn't an "if") I get my pandora (ordered at about 1pm on Sep. 30, 2008) I will play with it... but the novelty wore off a long time ago.

Will I enjoy my pandora? Yes.

Would I lose any sleep at this point if it never showed up? No.

P
I get what you're saying Plowman, but I don't think that this thread is about money at all like other ones we've had, I think this guy is simply sick of waiting and probably sick of all the knob heads that the forums have attracted too. He's been here since 2005 after all.

Also, goodbye NeuTek.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back