Paypal horror story

Sloggy

Still Fresh
Hey guys, Sloggy here. I Just wanted to share a story regarding Paypal and trying to get a pandora from ithic.com

Today was supposed to be the day i ordered my pandora. Because bank transfers on Paypal take up to 2 weeks in Canada, i decided to get some visa gift cards and sending the money to myself via my old account. after i got over $620 onto my account, My account was limited with no options to do anything about it. I Called Customer Service, and I was told to upload a picture of the gift cards i used and some photo ID to the name change section of my old account. this did nothing. I Called back about half an hour ago and i was told that my case has been put on review and i may or may not get my money refunded to my gift cards. Now i have no way of buying my pandora, as i cannot use multiple visa cards to purchase one item on paypal, and i have no way of getting the money off of the gift cards. Today was supposed to be really great, but now it's just ruined. 
4EHsb6m.jpg

This is standard paypal procedures. A friend used to be payed with paypal when he ran a webhosting service. He got frozen in with €6000 on there. For three months he had to cover monthly running costs in other ways, as after the three months, Paypal was required by law to remove the limitation.

Paypal are evil and should be avoided at all costs.

I really wish there was some way that i could just pay for something with several visa cards. it would make life a whole lot easier.

Thankfully, I've never had much issues with PayPal.

The only issue I only really had was that they either wanted to close my PayPal account or keep 10,000 EUR  permanently as safety on my account, as the company credit worthiness was pretty low - totally understandable, as I had no money on my account but 200K EUR debts in Pandora-waiting customers.

But fear not, usually, after they reviewed everything within a few days, everything works out.

61HiV.png
 looks like i'm out 621 dollars. merry christmas.
Well, you can always close your PayPal account and get the money paid back.

They cannot legally steal your money.

The only issue I only really had was that they either wanted to close my PayPal account or keep 10,000 EUR  permanently as safety on my account, as the company credit worthiness was pretty low - totally understandable, as I had no money on my account but 200K EUR debts in Pandora-waiting customers.

But fear not, usually, after they reviewed everything within a few days, everything works out.

61HiV.png

Will they even let me do that with my account being seized?

What is wrong with bank transfer? We use it in europe, and it works here. NA was part of the game last time i checked.
Nothing is really wrong with bank transfer, it was just that i was impatient and didn't want to wait over a week to get money into my account. i really regret it now though. i wish i had just waited.

61HiV.png

Well, they HAVE to offer you a solution here.

They cannot simply keep your money without any reason.

What kind of gift cards did you buy?

Some PayPal gift cards with your Visa card?

Well, ask them what they offer as solution to either get your money back or be able to use those gift cards.

And if they can't offer one, call up VISA, let them know about that issue and let them deal with that (and doing a chargeback).

61HiV.png

What kind of gift cards did you buy?

Some PayPal gift cards with your Visa card?

Well, ask them what they offer as solution to either get your money back or be able to use those gift cards.

And if they can't offer one, call up VISA, let them know about that issue and let them deal with that (and doing a chargeback).
They were all Visa gift cards. If i don't hear from them by tomorrow i'm calling them back and giving them a piece of my mind.

Contact Visa NOW. Don't wait. Paypal has effectively stolen your money. Report them. They cannot do this. Visa will cancel the cards, issue charge backs against Paypal, and send you new gift cards. You are experiencing the same thing that I went through a while ago and would have saved myself a hell of a lot of time if I'd just contacted Visa (actually MasterCard but they're bound by the same rules) from the get go.

If you do a chargeback you will probably get banned from paypal permanently.

If your account is limited, you should still be able to issue a refund and the money will go back to the visa card.  This would be easier and faster than doing a chargeback.

Once you get your money back, go buy bitcoins and stop using paypal.

Have you ever read the PayPal account ageement?  It basically says they can hold your money for up to 180 days and close your account for any reason.  Maybe it's slightly different in Germany, but it is generally very customer-unfriendly.

I've added Visa gift cards to my paypal account and they didn't complain about it, but paypal can be very arbitrary about what they'll allow or deny.

62dVj.png

I Really have no idea what to do. Whenever i call in the ask me for stuff like bank statements, Photo ID, and social insurance to prove that i am me. I Already sent them a picture of all of the gift cards and my social insurance but they want more. i guess i'll try again tomorrow. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if they ask for more documents, ask them WHAT documents they want. If you've sent them already, ask them what's wrong with the documents you already sent.

Good luck, man. Wow.. horror story indeed.

Back