Has Anyone Got An Archos Av500/700?

ste_167

Very Active Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2003
Messages
1,202
Location
England
Website
Visit site
I'm looking at buying the av500, as it's more compact. I was wondering what the quality of the screen is like in comparision to the GP2X. The GP32 BLU* looks dull and pixelated compared to the PSP when playing videos, and I hear the 2X uses the same screen.

*Edit - - > I've not used a BLU+, is it much better than the standard BLU?
 

sam fisher

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2004
Messages
9,452
Location
Bristol, UK
Website
blog.peter-r.co.uk
Also could it just be your encoding movies in shitty quality? I mean screens are made up of pixels. If they werent pixelated then they would just be one big pixel which changed colour!
 

Fishbong

man of poor reputation
Joined
Apr 23, 2004
Messages
2,730
Age
34
Location
Hildesheim, Germany.
Website
Visit site
Buy a Zodiac. You can get them for 125$ now, it has a big, brilliant Display, high resolution, much better media support than the GP2X (mpeg, mp4 and stuff) 3D games, Emus, PDA stuff, etc etc.

Of course it can´t beat the Archos when it comes to data storage, video recording and TV out, but its way cheaper.
 

Nova

Is that a Caanoo in your pocket or are you just ha
Joined
Apr 27, 2005
Messages
6,093
Age
29
Location
UK
Website
Visit site
Fishbong posted on Apr 25 2006 at 08:03 PM said:
Buy a Zodiac. You can get them for 125$ now, it has a big, brilliant Display, high resolution, much better media support (mpeg, mp4 and stuff) 3D games, PDA stuff, etc etc.
And when the battery dies you are buggered...
 
Last edited by a moderator:

sam fisher

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2004
Messages
9,452
Location
Bristol, UK
Website
blog.peter-r.co.uk
Fishbong posted on Apr 25 2006 at 08:03 PM said:
Buy a Zodiac. You can get them for 125$ now, it has a big, brilliant Display, high resolution, much better media support (mpeg, mp4 and stuff) 3D games, PDA stuff, etc etc.
Blasthemist! DO NOT BLASTHEME! DO NOT BLASTHEME! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!!!

*Cue Eirie Music*
doo doo, doo doo doo, doo doo doo, doo doo doo!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Goity

VIP Sleaze
Joined
Jun 22, 2004
Messages
5,598
Location
Isle of Ewe
Nova posted on Apr 25 2006 at 08:04 PM said:
Fishbong posted on Apr 25 2006 at 08:03 PM said:
Buy a Zodiac. You can get them for 125$ now, it has a big, brilliant Display, high resolution, much better media support (mpeg, mp4 and stuff) 3D games, PDA stuff, etc etc.
And when the battery dies you are buggered...
I heard that isn't true..
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Loubear

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2006
Messages
1,079
Location
New Jersey, USA
Zodiac...eh...while it does have 3d capability built in, do note that it only supports 16-bit color, which sucks alot by the way...
 

Ravnos

Asleep in Samsara
Joined
Sep 20, 2005
Messages
2,499
Age
37
Location
Edmonton, Alberta
Website
Visit site
sam fisher posted on Apr 25 2006 at 01:07 PM said:
Blasthemist! DO NOT BLASTHEME! DO NOT BLASTHEME! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!!!
Blastheme is not a word. You are looking for blaspheme, and someone who blasphemes is a blasphemer, not a blasphemist.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

BaDToaD

"Very" Old Timer
Joined
Jan 31, 2004
Messages
2,452
Location
UK
Website
cwhippogames.wixsite.com
Loubear posted on Apr 25 2006 at 09:17 PM said:
Zodiac...eh...while it does have 3d capability built in, do note that it only supports 16-bit color, which sucks alot by the way...
I doubt there are many mobile devices that support more than 16 bit colour. And I'd defy you to easily notice the difference between 16 bit and 32 bit unless they were side by side.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

sam fisher

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2004
Messages
9,452
Location
Bristol, UK
Website
blog.peter-r.co.uk
Ravnos posted on Apr 25 2006 at 09:37 PM said:
sam fisher posted on Apr 25 2006 at 01:07 PM said:
Blasthemist! DO NOT BLASTHEME! DO NOT BLASTHEME! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!!!
Blastheme is not a word. You are looking for blaspheme, and someone who blasphemes is a blasphemer, not a blasphemist.
Do not dictate spelling and grammatical mistakes to me! DO NOT DICTATE! DO NOT DICTATE! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED. Also I have never had ot type blaspheme before so I did not contain the correct spelling in my memory banks. Thank you for using the Sam Fisher cognitive Input Form. Your information has been added to the master database. Please get off my land. Good Bye!

If oyu had any brains you would know that I was quoting a line from the series finale of the the first series of the new Doctor Who series. Just with incorrect spelling.

Also there are rabbits in a hutch. One in each corner. Each one conceives a child. How many rabbits are there in the hutch?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Loubear

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2006
Messages
1,079
Location
New Jersey, USA
Oh great, now I'm having buyer's regret once someone brings up the zodiac...maybe I should have picked it up...but! ...AH!1!
 

Nova

Is that a Caanoo in your pocket or are you just ha
Joined
Apr 27, 2005
Messages
6,093
Age
29
Location
UK
Website
Visit site
sam fisher posted on Apr 25 2006 at 10:19 PM said:
Ravnos posted on Apr 25 2006 at 09:37 PM said:
sam fisher posted on Apr 25 2006 at 01:07 PM said:
Blasthemist! DO NOT BLASTHEME! DO NOT BLASTHEME! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!!!
Blastheme is not a word. You are looking for blaspheme, and someone who blasphemes is a blasphemer, not a blasphemist.
Do not dictate spelling and grammatical mistakes to me! DO NOT DICTATE! DO NOT DICTATE! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED. Also I have never had ot type blaspheme before so I did not contain the correct spelling in my memory banks. Thank you for using the Sam Fisher cognitive Input Form. Your information has been added to the master database. Please get off my land. Good Bye!

If oyu had any brains you would know that I was quoting a line from the series finale of the the first series of the new Doctor Who series. Just with incorrect spelling.

Also there are rabbits in a hutch. One in each corner. Each one conceives a child. How many rabbits are there in the hutch?
Do you ever read over what you have just typed? Cos you sound screwed in the head.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Loubear

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2006
Messages
1,079
Location
New Jersey, USA
meh...I'm torn now between each one...meh...oh wait, do you know anywhere that sells replaceable batteries....for it?

Oh yea...@BadToad...you might be right...

LINK!
 

sam fisher

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2004
Messages
9,452
Location
Bristol, UK
Website
blog.peter-r.co.uk
Nova posted on Apr 25 2006 at 11:20 PM said:
sam fisher posted on Apr 25 2006 at 10:19 PM said:
Ravnos posted on Apr 25 2006 at 09:37 PM said:
sam fisher posted on Apr 25 2006 at 01:07 PM said:
Blasthemist! DO NOT BLASTHEME! DO NOT BLASTHEME! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!!!
Blastheme is not a word. You are looking for blaspheme, and someone who blasphemes is a blasphemer, not a blasphemist.
Do not dictate spelling and grammatical mistakes to me! DO NOT DICTATE! DO NOT DICTATE! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED. Also I have never had ot type blaspheme before so I did not contain the correct spelling in my memory banks. Thank you for using the Sam Fisher cognitive Input Form. Your information has been added to the master database. Please get off my land. Good Bye!

If oyu had any brains you would know that I was quoting a line from the series finale of the the first series of the new Doctor Who series. Just with incorrect spelling.

Also there are rabbits in a hutch. One in each corner. Each one conceives a child. How many rabbits are there in the hutch?
Do you ever read over what you have just typed? Cos you sound screwed in the head.

loz_the_guru posted on Apr 25 2006 at 11:33 PM said:
i own a zodiac, and i rather like it.
Thats the point. Do you not understand? All my posts are like that.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top