Hardware...

However also customers might not make the same 'mistake' I think there are quite a few people now who would be reluctant to preorder. So the money to develop the pandora 2 would have to come from pandora 1 so I guess they will be selling these for a while :)
Heh, good point. IIRC the money from preorders didn't nearly cover the cost of developing the Pandora.

I hope all those of your with your Pandoras are showing it off to all your friends! ;)

Heh, good point. IIRC the money from preorders didn't nearly cover the cost of developing the Pandora.

I hope all those of your with your Pandoras are showing it off to all your friends! ;)

yes I am doing that few of them are planning to buy one, however they have to buy other silly stuff first like a house etc.

This is totally O/T but I was reading your sig and I google searched it to find out.... wtf exactly is a breadcrab... because I have never heard that before and I was pretty curious... wtf exactly a breadcrab was.. anywho....

and look at the first link google gives you...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=%22oh+shit+a+breadcrab%22

I then ask myself what exactly is a loli.... and agian... i google search as I have no idea exactly what a loli would be....

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=loli

I'm not sure if that's just bad googleing or what but made me spit up my coffee this morning... don't know bout you

agian totally O/T
It's from a let's play I was reading. This guy pretends to be an idiot playing Half-Life 1 but thinking it's Half-Life 2. At one point he sees an enemy, a headcrab, and says, "oh shit a breadcrab".

I have no idea what it has to do with lolis.

Index:

http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/Half-Life/

"oh shit a breadcrab":

http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/Half-Life/Update%202/index.html

Last edited by a moderator:
It's from a let's play I was reading. This guy pretends to be an idiot playing Half-Life 1 but thinking it's Half-Life 2. At one point he sees an enemy, a headcrab, and says, "oh shit a breadcrab".

I have no idea what it has to do with lolis.

Index:

http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/Half-Life/

"oh shit a breadcrab":

http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/Half-Life/Update%202/index.html
I know what a loli is now... wish I didn't... I just felt like shareing my disturbing google adventure and coffee soaked monitor

I'm not sure what more you could want it to do with current gen tech.

1Ghz/256MB/keyboard/gaming controls etc.

Tech does not exist which we could buy right now to make it any better.

OMAP4 might ship in 2011 in decent numbers...

The PandaBoard already uses OMAP4 for cheap...

2-way SMP plus 512Mb RAM, plus shrink die, makes it consume (TI source) about as much as OMAP TI3530... Interesting way, don't you think so ?

I think I'll use a PandaBoard alongside the Pandora and tell you how it feels, once I get the Pandora.

However also customers might not make the same 'mistake' I think there are quite a few people now who would be reluctant to preorder. ....

If my memory serves me well, most of us ordered and payed for a 128MB ram omap3 device.

In the mean time my order magically upgraded to 256MB.

now, that i think about it, my choice to preorder *now* (with a chance i have to wait 2 years) would be based on the $/€ exchange rate

I basically got a free carry case + tv-out cable + a couple of beers for ordering then instead of now

better investment then my savings account :( (especially if you consider current e-bay prices)

I made the bargain of the century by jumping on the preorder train.

The PandaBoard already uses OMAP4 for cheap...

2-way SMP plus 512Mb RAM, plus shrink die, makes it consume (TI source) about as much as OMAP TI3530... Interesting way, don't you think so ?

I think I'll use a PandaBoard alongside the Pandora and tell you how it feels, once I get the Pandora.

Is the PandaBoard already available? :eek:

They're taking orders, to be delivered whenever Circuitco finishes making them.

CircuitCo... well, if they are as reliable as they are with the Pandora production, then there will probably be 200 boards in the next 8 weeks...

However, if they prefer building the Pandaboards and don't produce the Pandora boards as promised, I'll get pretty angry...

They probably will, as it's sponsored by TI... oh well.

Kinda funny that the same company that produces the PANDORA manufactures a board names PANDAboard...

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope that's not the case, ED. I simply cannot imagine you getting angry...

I have been lurking the OpenPandora site for over a year now, and to me it seems that there is enough infrastructure to double the hardware speeds, becasue while the device was the best in '08, it is now lacking compared to some phones.. I love this system and would love to see great things for it, i just can't help but notice the lack of trying to keep up. Please update while people are still interested, this is an amazing project and i would be first in line to pre-order the Pandora 2.0.

Great job guys!
There is more to a device than raw CPU power. Sure more speed is always nice but there are other things to consider too.

Look at the DS. It is a dog as far as CPU speed and RAM and the thing sells off of the charts.

However, if they prefer building the Pandaboards and don't produce the Pandora boards as promised, I'll get pretty angry...
They probably will, as it's sponsored by TI... oh well.

since the Pandora is a nice showcase for TI, have you tried to ask me to motivate CC?

Surely it would make more sense for CC to go ahead and pump out the remaining boards that you ordered to clear out some storage and finish off the contract, rather than putting the whole thing aside while they work on something else? I mean, that's the logical thing to do, but I guess one of the lessons we've learned with the whole project is that logic doesn't seem to apply to the world of mass production.

If they stiff us then I would like to volunteer to lead the angry mob to their gates, to break down the doors and run our ungrounded, bogey encrusted hands across their circuitry.

Back