Gp Halo?

roflcopter

Still Fresh
Hey, I own a GP2X and a NDS and I have noticed, rumor has it, that there might be a DSHalo (A running of the original Halo on DS) so I'm curious...Would it be possible for a GP2X to handle the awsomost graphics of Halo? Maybe overclock it at 300 mhz? I do not know. But thought it would be a good idea because thing about it - if a NDS runs no more than 100 mhz and a GP2X runs at 266 mhz, wouldn't Halo run PERFECTLY on it? I think a GP2X crew should start to work on this project. The GP2X would be the ultimate gaming system EVER! Screw Xbox, I'll play Halo on-the-go ;). I've seen people are also trying to homebrew Counter-Strike but these are platform games (like Super Mario and Other Side-Scrollers) and they suck. It would be cool for a group to create some more 1st person shooters with good graphics (not saying I'm not happy with gp2x Doom). I think GP2X needs to group up with a major game system producer OR major game-making company. But then these games probably wouldn't be free and defeat the purpose of a GP2X ; freeware. I've seen a GP2X and a PSP run an older version of Counter-Strike but couldn't figure it out. Because why don't people make it freeware for those of us who would like to keep our wallets full ;)? I know that you can run Counter-Strike by replacing a Doom file with a CS file but barely anyone can find this file and is very hard to set up. Any other cool ideas?

Quake 2 is well nigh unplayable and you want a team to start working on Halo to give it to you for free? :blink:

roflcopter posted on Feb 17 2007 at 12:27 PM said:
Hey, I own a GP2X and a NDS and I have noticed, rumor has it, that there might be a DSHalo (A running of the original Halo on DS) so I'm curious...Would it be possible for a GP2X to handle the awsomost graphics of Halo? Maybe overclock it at 300 mhz? I do not know. But thought it would be a good idea because thing about it - if a NDS runs no more than 100 mhz and a GP2X runs at 266 mhz, wouldn't Halo run PERFECTLY on it? I think a GP2X crew should start to work on this project. The GP2X would be the ultimate gaming system EVER! Screw Xbox, I'll play Halo on-the-go ;). I've seen people are also trying to homebrew Counter-Strike but these are platform games (like Super Mario and Other Side-Scrollers) and they suck. It would be cool for a group to create some more 1st person shooters with good graphics (not saying I'm not happy with gp2x Doom). I think GP2X needs to group up with a major game system producer OR major game-making company. But then these games probably wouldn't be free and defeat the purpose of a GP2X ; freeware. I've seen a GP2X and a PSP run an older version of Counter-Strike but couldn't figure it out. Because why don't people make it freeware for those of us who would like to keep our wallets full ;)? I know that you can run Counter-Strike by replacing a Doom file with a CS file but barely anyone can find this file and is very hard to set up. Any other cool ideas?
That file is very easy to find http://gp2x-emulation.dcemu.co.uk/gp2x-hom...ames-26809.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, there no Halo/CS on PSP, GP2X, or DS Lite (and there never will be).

Simply running a Doom WAD does not turn Doom into Halo/CS. It makes Doom look slightly different, but it's still the same game.

Back