Halo On Gp2x Halted, Need Help

Hey guys. A few days ago I posted that Halo game topic, and I've run into a bit of a problem. A friend told me that the software I was using (Blitz) isnt compatible with the GP2X. I'll continue making graphics and helping with project directions if anyone is interested in coding it for me, or even just pointing me out to the easiest program to code in for the GP2X. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if you are interested please PM me or send me an email at shakingyourfist@yahoo.com Thank you! BTW now knowing that the SDK for the GP2X is going to be free, I have stopped asking for donations to get it. However if you still wish to donate AFTER there is a working, good demo out, feel free.

Yeah guys. I wasn't lying. Now if anyone would like to give me a hand, maybe chat on IM to show me a little of how to use the current SDK that the guy above (sorry man I forgot your name) I would really appreciate it. Email me first though plz, I dont like publicly posting my IM. After what happened last time hehe. :p Oh and one more thing: will this SDK work with the GP2X and is there possibly instructions or a tutorial file that I can check out? I'd probably learn it pretty fast, seeing as I learned and wrote a basic C++ program on my own in about 45 minutes. :D

junker posted on Sep 22 2005 at 11:15 PM said:
so you were for real all along?
it does sound like he is.......

Sorry for jumping to conclusions, Shaking Your Fist Productions, we just assumed you were like the other guy who came onto the board out of nowhere asking for donations for his game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, np guys. I'd understand you thinking I was a liar, but still you really didn't have to flame me. Hey, at least I'm one of the few to be in the LOL files. If I look back, it does seem pretty funny even though I wasnt lying.

I am still not convinced. This could still be part of a scam. Yeah he acts like he is working on the game, will show some phoney images on a dev kit by using a photo viewer. Then at the last minute he will claim that to finish the game he needs to test on real hardware which coincedentally can't afford. Donations are asked for, the flummery begins ;)

The easy way towards getting it on GP2X is to develop it on your PC using C and SDL. There are many tutorials on the web for using SDL in 2D. Do not use the 3D functionality of SDL because that uses OpenGL. The GP2X supports 2D SDL, so it will be fairly easy to port your game over once the actual hardware is released.

Alright, Dave C, you can eat my bag. I'm sick of the fucking accusations and "oh hes scamming". The game will come out free of charge, donate if you want. I've just got a job, and can pay myself for the GP2X. So stfu.

yaustar: No, actually I was using the 2d version of Blitz.

slygamer: Would you mind telling me what SDL is and how I can use it with C? I'm learning C++ right now, but what does SDL have to do with it, and how might I port it over to the SDK for Gampark, so it will work? Thanks guys.

For a developer you are not doing a lot of research in this machine are you ;)

SDL is simple directmedia layer (google it up), its a nice cross platform API and the GP2x will support it. The homepage of SDL will have various tutorails to setting it up..

Do you have any screenshots of your Blitz version of Halo port?

If you are seriously learning C++ then hop over to http://www.bruceeckel.com and download "Thinking in C++ vol 1" which is legally free...

I'm guessing he used BlitzBasic :)

Oh, btw, shakeyoursomething, how come your posts have the same IP adress as the ones from 'Wicked Dark'?

Are you two making 'Halo Armageddon' or something together? :)

Oh, and if you want, you can send me a PayPal donation to shop@gp2x.de
If you donate 170 Euro or more, you'll get a FREE gp2x from me :)

Now isn't that cool?

yaustar posted on Sep 23 2005 at 01:53 AM said:
Shared PC in the lobby :p

Hm, then why don't they share the SDK and gp2x?
Makes it cheaper for both of them :)

Last edited:
Cut this guy some slack, sure he will not make a halo port/remake for gp2x (Seriously, if your learning c++ now, porting or remaking halo is not suitable for a first project). But, he seem like he's thinking about coding for the gp2x and thus wants to know about SDL.

SYFP: There is an forum for developement for the GP2X, if you seriously wanna start coding, i sugest asking for help there.

If it looks good, and fun, I might donate like 10 bucks...Would that get me the extras + Demo Early, any other goodies involved if I donate 10?

BTW I didn't flame you, if you look back, I read the topic but didn't post, thinking you might be real.

Yeah but Yuglooc this guy is using the same kind of scam that he did when he was using the name "Wicked Dark".
EvilDragon was right about both of them sharing the same IP address and if you look under both of their ID profiles you'll see that they both have the same EXACT user local time.
In one post he was asking for a donation for a friend and in the recent ones he is now going to code it himself. A great technique to cloud you with a lot of extra stuff so you end up being overwhelmed and thus give the jerk a donation. I'm sure there will be a demo down the road of some code that someone else has created so this guy will be able to milk those that think his monumental effort is worth some cash.
I hate scamming and I hope you go back into your hole that you crawled out of Wicked Dark, Shaking Your Fist Productions, or more appropriately sleezeball2005. :angry:
Sorry for the tirade but I don't like people like this.
P.S. I preordered my gp2x from gp32z and am counting the days. :D
Evildragon nice catch on this one. :D

I am still not convinced. This could still be part of a scam. Yeah he acts like he is working on the game, will show some phoney images on a dev kit by using a photo viewer. Then at the last minute he will claim that to finish the game he needs to test on real hardware which coincedentally can't afford. Donations are asked for, the flummery begins
Exactly.

Once a scammer, always a scammer -- even if he actually does do something that can be considered programming for the gp2x. Anyone who tries to convince people that he has Halo running on the real hardware he got before everyone else and "not to mind the xbox logo in the bottom corner of the image, since that's from the xbox emulation layer I just wrote" is not only a scammer and a liar, but a general fucking idiot.

Feel free to put me on your enemies list, shakingyourfist, and bar access for me from any work you say you're doing, because anyone who tries to pull the wool over a communities' eyes with utter stupidity doesn't deserve to be acknowledged by me.

Well I wouldnt expect anything anytime soon, seeing as he's been coding in blitzbasic ( a fairly simple game programming language like fenix) and now he has to learn c and sdl (which is not a quick task)

Back