Halloween

*Watches the fire dwindle..still waiting hopefully for Binky's ghost story..*
Binky's ghost story (please refrain from pointing out typos :) ):

Part 1:

Alice was lonely. Her feet ached and the rain showed no sign of letting up. The prospect of another two miles' trudge along the cliff-top held no promise, and when compared to the happy joggers shown on the posters, made her want to kick something. Anything. Whatever had made her take part in this miserable sponsored 24 hour walk. She tried kicking a stone instead, but that just made her feet feel even worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
You really have to be committed to pull this look off properly, you're gonna have to cut your head off and re-attach it or at least slit your throat. That guy has some cool scars but seriously, OUCH!

Actually in that part of the movie when he was dressed like that he hasn't been slashed in the neck yet.. 
yeah but good luck finding a full set of Bone Armour in this day and age, i figure it would be easier to go with the leather-jacket, scarred look.

Putting her elderly iPhone back in her back pocket, Alice squinted at the dog-eared map of the coastline ahead, and went on. It was 11:37 in the evening, and all the other competitors had finished hours ago. Even the gulls were asleep, with only the breakers gently hissing around the rocks to disturb the silence. Turning off her headtorch, Alice took a moment to admire the darkness. The moon cast ripples on black water and, far away, a ferry rested at anchor. Its foghorn moaned , as if through a mask of cotton wool.

Out of the corner of her eye, Alice saw a sparkle, a flicker , and a whole kaleidoscope of coloured lights winking at her from along the shore. The orange, misty halo was the warmest thing she'd seen all day. A trickle of rainwater made it through her jacket and down her back, but that was to be expected, since the jacket had originally been her granddad's.

Stifling a yawn, she continued. Even the faint waftings of old-fashioned fish and chips couldn't keep her completely awake.

Suddenly a shadow grew out of the sea and began advancing towards her.

As he finally saw it standing right before her, she was shocked and stood in awe,

because everybody opened the door, got on the floor and walked the dinosaur.

The gates of the pier swung open. Festoons of ornamental lanterns swayed from golden lampposts, glass, wood, and steel gleamed. Drains gurgled. This was everything a cliff-top path wasn't. There might even be a phone charger.... somewhere to charge her phone.

Anybody there?

A phone charger?
Yes, Alice had been walking all day, remember?

iProducts have pretty small batteries, which hold less and less charge over time.

I think its fair to say that her phone is almost out of battery by now ;)

I should also point out that this story's ending might not quite make sense unless you have the right sort of geeky mindset

She wasn't surprised that there was no-one around at this time of night, but felt guilty about not buying a ticket all the same. After a half-hearted search of the buildings on the end of the pier, Alice took off her rucksack and sat down on one of the long wooden benches, the ship was still there, and the moon was was beginning to set. Remembering that her map had also been her grandfather's, and was probably as reliable as the 'waterproof' jacket, she pondered trying to find one of those tourist map vending machines.

@Fusion_Power: Hooves? Hooves?? Really?? Haha, nopenope. I'll stick with the other ones :p
 Well, this depends what the choosen Costume is, I guess.  :rolleyes:

succubus_by_dypsomaniart.jpg

I'm liking this story. What happens next?
 Time travel.

Kinda.

Maybe.
No Sex?  :blink:

:p

Her phone bleeped - that must be midnight, but her it's clock display had frozen at 00:00:00 and claimed it was Thursday the 1st. She leant on the handrail around the pier to make the best use of the coloured lighting above it. The phone wasn't visibly damaged, but she was sure that it was Saturday. Or at least early on Sunday morning.

Alice added buying second-hand phones to her “never-again” list.

Back