Half-Life 2D

My bad :( But I'd guess it would be too early to set deadlines now, just look over www.halflife2d.com and see the kind of pressure these guys are getting over release dates for the PC version.

This'd be so cool if it gets done...

I've seen a Doom 2d Version (from Russis I think) that could also be cool..

Voted! GP32 is now in the lead!
Sweet Deal. Will this game be easy to port though? I guess we'll find out. :D

Hey Mates.. the biggest problem by developing the game for the GP32 is that i have no GP32 .. and i have no just do develope it with some kind of emulaters or other stuff .. so first i must save money for this pice of tec. .. =/

Hey Mates.. the biggest problem by developing the game for the GP32 is that i have no GP32 .. and i have no just do develope it with some kind of emulaters or other stuff .. so first i must save money for this pice of tec. .. =/
you should get ur money back for the hardware at least if you give the game as donationware when its released i think

Last edited by a moderator:
So Does this mean it will be released on GP32 (if it can be done) before Zodiac as the Zodiac is nearly Twice as much as a GP32....

When will the PC Version be out, any ideas yet?? Cant w8 :D

So Does this mean it will be released on GP32 (if it can be done) before Zodiac as the Zodiac is nearly Twice as much as a GP32....

When will the PC Version be out, any ideas yet?? Cant w8 :D
You shouldn't ask when it will be out.

Slap me down if this sounds obvious, but wouldn't the cleverer thing to do here be to develop a Flash/SWF player for GP32? As far as I can tell, HL2D is made entirely in Flash, so a generic Flash player would be able to run it by definition, and also open up a MASSIVE potential area of expansion- think of all the Flash games & toys out there on the net already...

I'm not a developer, but I'm fairly technically-minded, and it seems to me that if SWF players can run on PalmOS/WinCE devices, then there's no reason why GP32 shouldn't be able to do it. the SWF format has (I think) been made open by Macromedia, and such a project seems to make so many kinds of sense...

Slap me down if this sounds obvious, but wouldn't the cleverer thing to do here be to develop a Flash/SWF player for GP32? As far as I can tell, HL2D is made entirely in Flash, so a generic Flash player would be able to run it by definition, and also open up a MASSIVE potential area of expansion- think of all the Flash games & toys out there on the net already...

I'm not a developer, but I'm fairly technically-minded, and it seems to me that if SWF players can run on PalmOS/WinCE devices, then there's no reason why GP32 shouldn't be able to do it. the SWF format has (I think) been made open by Macromedia, and such a project seems to make so many kinds of sense...
The problem is, though, that as to the best of my knowledge, no source for a Flash player has been brought out, and even if it would I doubt it'd compile or at least run decently without some major optimization, especially if Flash files have a resolution bigger than 320 x 240, seeing they will have to scale the screen down, and even then it makes viewing things a bit harder (in some cases).

Still, for flash MOVIES (not games), viewing them is possible on a GP32, all that's required is some sort of decent swf-to-avi convertor (which exists according to a mention here in these forums before), and Virtual Dub to encode it to correct resolution and settings for MoviePark/GP Cinema. I might try this soon.. Perfect Kirby episode 3 on a handheld.. (daydreams the fantasy) :lol:

EDIT: Whoops, scratch that "No source" part.. I just read your other post mentioning there is after posting here.. damn, I hate it when that happens... :unsure:

Java 15%
GameBoy Adv. 33.22%
N-Gage 7.38%
GP32 34.21%
Nokia/Cellphone 8.36%

:blink: :unsure:

Hopefully, in porting the game to GP32, they'll also sort out the thorny problem of playing flash files on the GP32.

Wow, flash on the GP32, that would be excellent.

So many people would ba able to make good (or bad :p ) game so easily.

I can't vote at home anymore, but there are 67 school computers I can use B)

Java
15.03%
GameBoy Adv.
33.43%
N-Gage
7.35%
GP32
33.81%
Nokia/Cellphone
8.57%

thats not a quote from rico, thats from the ebay site sellin a bottle of piss. rico was quoting them when he said that.

come on, everyone vote some more. 56kers should vote everytime they dial up.

Java 15.21%
GameBoy Adv. 33.88%
N-Gage 7.33%
GP32 33.05%
Nokia/Cellphone 8.76%

C'mon people vote! Change you're IP and vote for the second time, sneak into a internet cafe and vote on every computer they have!

i know this has been commented on but i dont think many people regularly check up on the pinned post. so get votin everyone. we need this game

Java
15.28%
GameBoy Adv.
33.88%
N-Gage
7.33%
GP32
32.98%
Nokia/Cellphone
8.77%

Back