Half Life 2 Review Already? 98%!!!

Huxley posted on Oct 18 2004 at 07:48 PM said:
Thanks for the advice! :D

I'll pick myself up a 6800GT and a copy of HL2 sometime soon.

no problem :), you can overclock that GT to near ultra levels aswell, which is a welcomed boost in performance.

you made the right choice if you ask me, best to save money.. and closest to the more expensive XT / Ultra cards.

Dont be worried because its a Nvidia card, they may have done bad with their last set of cards (FX series) compared to ATI but this series is doing very well and performance is a close call between both.

Only upgrade that processor when you really need it, if you can afford it then any time is good.. either that or overclock that 2.4 P4 you have, if its the 800mhz FSB version it can reach 3.0ghz easily on stock cooling if i remember correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just noticed that it says December w3rd, I think the reason is that they are having a holiday issue as well. At least thats what it says in the magazine ;)

Shadow of Chaos posted on Oct 19 2004 at 09:55 PM said:
Hmm.. i am even scared it wont run well on my PC.. i have 512mb ram but i want 1GB, my vid card is good enough but i dunno how well its gonna run :(
I would buy the game 1st then upgrade if necesary.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's hit and miss when it comes to amusement. Sometimes the editors get so carried away in their own ego that they forget what's funny.

Back