Half Life 2 Review Already? 98%!!!

mattmagoo posted on Oct 25 2004 at 06:03 PM said:
why is the half life logo a lander sign?
It's a lambda sign actually.

and i think they used it because its has to do with physics/chemistry and looks like a "h".

Last edited by a moderator:
Phil posted on Oct 25 2004 at 03:02 PM said:
Huxley posted on Oct 25 2004 at 01:35 PM said:
Nice...and Halo was lucky.
extremely.
I'd say it's as good as gran turismo, although I wouldn't give either of them a 10, the only one on that list I think has earned the 10 is mario 64 :).

thebluenewt posted on Oct 25 2004 at 01:12 PM said:
It got a 10/10 in Edge. I believe it's only the fourth game ever to get that after Mario 64, Zelda: Oracle of Time and Halo (Sensible World of Soccer was robbed).

Edit: Oh, and Gran Turismo.

Not too shabby :D

I guess that makes the N64 the best console in the world ever! :p

Memnoch posted on Oct 25 2004 at 09:47 PM said:
thebluenewt posted on Oct 25 2004 at 01:12 PM said:
It got a 10/10 in Edge. I believe it's only the fourth game ever to get that after Mario 64, Zelda: Oracle of Time and Halo (Sensible World of Soccer was robbed).

Edit: Oh, and Gran Turismo.

Not too shabby :D

I guess that makes the N64 the best console in the world ever! :p

I cant remember what issue it was in but some guy counted all the reviews of all the games in EDGE per consoel. It turned out that N64 wa sone of the best and XBOX was the worst.

Half-Life 2 doesn't do anything particularly new; it doesn't really innovate in many ways. But what it does is set a new height for all other designers of first-person shooters to reach. It still isn't exactly perfect, but it's about as close as I've seen in my tenure here

@airboneone Well you are responding to a comment from 2004... That is some impressive grave digging you've done there.

Default search results for topics on this forum are not generated chronologically. Very likely someone will pick a very old thread to respond to.

It has its appeal though seeing very old threads brought back to live again. A trip down memory lane.

Or this is a bot looking for some keywords and posting something that is likely to be related to them so that it can pass as human (and either edit the post later on when nobody's paying attention to replace it with ads or post some ad-filled posts in other topics)

Or this is a bot looking for some keywords and posting something that is likely to be related to them so that it can pass as human (and either edit the post later on when nobody's paying attention to replace it with ads or post some ad-filled posts in other topics)
Indeed their comment about “during their tenure here” is a bit of an odd one, given that they only joined this forum on Saturday...

The thought crossed my mind.

Yeah, that occurred to me too, but I feel we should reply in good faith until they actually transgress, in case they're actually a new user who's been lurking here for a while.

Back