Hailrazer's - Archos GamePad Larger Battery Mod

Why ? Then , I don't own one so I don't know how worthwhile that would be .

Hoping someone can help me out, I got myself the following battery:

(3.7V 5000mAh Lipo Rechargeable Battery Cell DIY)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120990513705?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 

I soldered everything as per the instructions but when I connect it to USB it turns on for a sec and turns off almost as if it dosen't want to hold a charge. I'm not an expert in this area but I grabbed my voltage meter and everything seems to be flowing correctly (but i'm not sure how to check if the battery is actually charging ...). I left it charging overnight but still acts the same way, I plug it turns on for a few secs then shuts off and if I unplug it its just a blank screen when i power it on.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hoping someone can help me out, I got myself the following battery:

(3.7V 5000mAh Lipo Rechargeable Battery Cell DIY)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120990513705?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 

I soldered everything as per the instructions but when I connect it to USB it turns on for a sec and turns off almost as if it dosen't want to hold a charge. I'm not an expert in this area but I grabbed my voltage meter and everything seems to be flowing correctly (but i'm not sure how to check if the battery is actually charging ...). I left it charging overnight but still acts the same way, I plug it turns on for a few secs then shuts off and if I unplug it its just a blank screen when i power it on.

Any help would be appreciated.

Here are some close up pics it seems like everything is in order just cant figure why its not working.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

It sounds like the battery level got to low.  What voltage does the battery read? 

Have you tried hooking up the actual charger, not usb ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was getting a steady 3.7 - 3.9. What I ended up doing last night is to re-solder all the joints again however now I get nothing via usb I left it charging all night hoping it maybe needed a boost but nothing. I was happy to see it at least boots up now with 10w apple wall charger  (I don't have the adapter for my original UK charger) i'll just fine ill have to leave it charging all day and what happens.

I thought I had it fixed but I can`t get this battery to charge.  Strangely Archos was telling me it was at 100% charged but it powers down if I unplug the USB cable then starts back at 0%. Any ideas?

The only thing I can think of is a faulty battery. I don't know.

Hi,

the charger from Archos is the plug broken. 

If I use another he invites only in USB mode? 

The new Charger is one with 2.5A why not turn the GamePad to AC mode?

Back