Gruso's Blog Slashdotted

TrevorBradley

Looks like news of the first Pandora off the assembly line just got posted to slashdot, and pandorapress went down pretty quickly from all the people looking at his site...

http://games.slashdot.org/story/10/05/23/154218/First-Pandora-Console-Reaches-Customer

and there you see the VT's just that they became
SW's (specs whores).

DroneB Dev said:
and there you see the VT's just that they became
SW's (specs whores).

Exact same thing on Engadget, but Mithrildor is doing a valiant job of calmly defending the Pandora. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
he could do better if he wasnt wasting time complaining about the temporal OEM screen protector.

This was jumping the gun, IMO. There's not a single video showing off what the MP units can do yet...
Then again, preorders should be filled anyway. There'll be plenty of mouth-watering media by the time the second batch rolls around.

the one should worry is Atomicthumbs since it is his hosting.

those SW's are really a thing,

why people buy NDS if that thing is so so.

and there are those who compare it like a netpc.

Vapourware Twats?

Might I suggest that we all message this guy:

http://www.engadget.com/profile/1551230/

And put him right on a few points that he's commented on in the last 18 months? Specifically the things he's said about EvilDragon - see page 2 of his comments log!

D.

amf66 said:
I donno. From my experience, trolls enjoy getting attention like that.

Well, OK. But he is hilarious:

GP2X-community system dubbed Pandora?
Dec 21st 2007 2:33PM on Engadget

It's not perfect because it won't get attention and no one will believe it's real if you say "hey! 7 random dudes are designing an UMPC!" Sounds like BS, right?
There's no way it could be sold for that price in a small run. Remember the $199 EeePC/$100 XO-1?
Production costs go BEYOND parts. You need to pay the people making them and for shipping and then there's the overhead at the retailer end...

Ludicrous, uncomfortable, fake bullshit.

There's some real comedy in that there profile, if you're willing to dig for it :)

D.

Dunny said:
amf66 said:
I donno. From my experience, trolls enjoy getting attention like that.

Well, OK. But he is hilarious:

GP2X-community system dubbed Pandora?
Dec 21st 2007 2:33PM on Engadget

It's not perfect because it won't get attention and no one will believe it's real if you say "hey! 7 random dudes are designing an UMPC!" Sounds like BS, right?
There's no way it could be sold for that price in a small run. Remember the $199 EeePC/$100 XO-1?
Production costs go BEYOND parts. You need to pay the people making them and for shipping and then there's the overhead at the retailer end...

Ludicrous, uncomfortable, fake bullshit.

There's some real comedy in that there profile, if you're willing to dig for it :)

D.

I think Craig agrees with him though:

craigix said:
You need to know the cost on batch2 is going up. It's not possible to make and sell a small production omap3 device with these specs for $330.

Dunny said:
Vapourware Twats?

Might I suggest that we all message this guy:

http://www.engadget.com/profile/1551230/

And put him right on a few points that he's commented on in the last 18 months? Specifically the things he's said about EvilDragon - see page 2 of his comments log!

I know there WAS once an EvilDragon who said he'd have emulators for this and that (impossible emulators, he was just faking everything).
Don't know where he was from, but I remember that someone once told me that a few years ago.
That was the reason someone in a different forum did flame me when I asked a question once :)

I guess he must've also confused me with that one :)

Last edited:
XD, i believe you are talking about THAT EvilDragon.

yes, he was a long ago lammer messing around with google and mass defacing webpages using very well known bugs.

i think that THAT EvilDragon nickname was born due to the owner of LastDragon forums some way to make a mock
of Dragons, (i dont recall now but that time dragoons meant something for that group).

anyway, i think he was some guy from chile or mexico and ended up on retreat as a richard stallman fanboy.

Back