Gruso's Blog Slashdotted

BackAssward said:
Looks like the unofficial blog is back up, after a flood took it down.
halo-flood--article_image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
atomicthumbs said:
up but post images broken; backassward is doing something but I don't know what
I'm logged in, but not doing anything. I'll log out if that helps.

Edit: Done, logged out... really wasn't doing anything though. Restarted my browser for good measure.

I was just saying that it said that you were editing a post. turns out that while index.php had been restored, blogs.php was still 000.

Is it better to have Slashdot crash your site, or have to pay for all that extra bandwidth used?

:lol:

atomicthumbs said:
I was just saying that it said that you were editing a post. turns out that while index.php had been restored, blogs.php was still 000.

Cheers, looking good. I see that spike, that's insanity. That's like what 15-20x the usual peak traffic?

SomeGuy99 said:
Is it better to have Slashdot crash your site, or have to pay for all that extra bandwidth used?

:lol:

I've got unlimited bandwidth. There's probably a cap, but I haven't hit it (even after hosting this 6.1 meg PDF, which went all over the Internet in January 2009 and used up 500 gigs of bandwidth).

BackAssward said:
atomicthumbs said:

Cheers, looking good.  I see that spike, that's insanity.  That's like what 15-20x the usual peak traffic?

no idea, as it doesn't show precise stats, and the other stats programs stopped collecting data once it went down.

No WPMU site defined on this host. If you are the owner of this site, please check Debugging WPMU for further assistance.

uh oh...

Is it me or did the favicon from the Pandora Press website change all of a sudden into an evil looking cat? :huh:

Heavy traffic or hacked?

I asked Hostgator to install Django for me and they broke the Wordpress MU install. The error page is different from a moment ago, though, so I think they're fixing it

I'm getting...
No WPMU site defined on this host. If you are the owner of this site, please check Debugging WPMU for further assistance.

Have been for sometime.

may88 said:
I'm getting...

Have been for sometime.
It was like that, and currently is like that, but when atomic posted it was indeed a different message. It changed for a short period.

Edit @ May: No worries. Just giving you info, not judgment. I certainly don't expect you to keep up on the minute-by-minute status of the blog! :D

Back