Gpsp Is Out!

DaveC said:
I am not sure why it would be a big secret or something. You contacted me basically saying you had no motivation to port any more stuff to the Pandora, the main reason being that your unit is broke. That sounds like a logical reason.

You may want to see if ED will fix it for you though. The new nubs and LCD cable are supposed to be more robust now. No sense in keeping a busted unit. If you don't really like it you could dump it on eBay or something. A working unit will get you a better price.

When i use private message, it is not to make those conversation public. Anyway i just told you (using pm) that with a broken unit, it's painful to dev on it (just to make you understand my position). I didn't want this to be public (i would have written such comment on this thread if i wanted so), not to scared people about pandora (since most of my hardware issue seem to be fixed now ?). It seems you just can't understand that, and it seems that for you, there is no difference between public & private conversation. I've written everywhere that i like the pandora, i've ported tons of stuff on it. Now you can think exactly what you want, i completely don't care.

Sorry, but from now i will just ignore your post (pm or not) on this subject. Back to the topic which is gpsp.

Last edited by a moderator:
zx-81, was it you who ported this emulator to Caanoo? If so, are you planning to keep improving/updating it in any way? It's a great emulator and it would be nice to see it being worked on more, even if it already works great. I haven't followed all the conversation, so I'm sorry if I'm asking about something that has already been answered.

zx-81 said:
Imerion said:
zx-81, was it you who ported this emulator to Caanoo?

i didn't port it to caanoo, but only fix the sound issue, re-center menu etc ...

Either way you rock ZX-81 you rock and thanks for fixing the issues look forward to more fixes if you feel inclined.

Probably buggy self modifying code support in gpSP for ARM, probably same thing as Tony Hawk 2 and blah blah whatever. ARM version was rushed. Why are you reading that stuff Ari? ;p

So what's the state of GBA and SNES emulation on the Caanoo?

I have a DS that I'm thinking about selling and replacing with a Caanoo since I only use it for GBA games anyway. Is this a bad idea?

rt4 said:
So what's the state of GBA and SNES emulation on the Caanoo?

I have a DS that I'm thinking about selling and replacing with a Caanoo since I only use it for GBA games anyway. Is this a bad idea?
battery life is better on the ds... by alot

snes emulation is better on the caanoo... by alot (less glitchy, not speed)

gba emulation is solid on both... your choice really

Just fancied a game of castlevania AoS and its not working - anyone had this problem - maybe its a shit rom dump.... ermm

ruffnutts ;)

ruffnutts said:
Just fancied a game of castlevania AoS and its not working - anyone had this problem - maybe its a shit rom dump.... ermm

ruffnutts ;)

yes it is your rom. it works fine for me.

Well I`ve downloaded 2 so far and nothing - let me find another :unsure:

EDIT: Yayyyyyyyyyy found a working version lol, cheers blues2 ;)

:(I've been playing Legend of Zelda - Minish Cap on the gpsp (Caanoo) and I'm almost through it but I found out now that the game crashes a certain place. So I can't get any further :( .

fettouhi said:
:(I've been playing Legend of Zelda - Minish Cap on the gpsp (Caanoo) and I'm almost through it but I found out now that the game crashes a certain place. So I can't get any further :( .

Same problem on the Wiz with gpsp. Either there is a problem with the emulator or the my rom of Minish cap is broken :(.

fettouhi said:
fettouhi said:

Same problem on the Wiz with gpsp. Either there is a problem with the emulator or the my rom of Minish cap is broken :( .

Nope, this is a known bug with this specific game (Crash at the last dungeon). GPSP for GP2X had the same problem, so it is emulator related.

You can get around it by passing the area with the whirlwinds on an emu for PC, then saving and finishing the game back on the handheld.

Back