Skylark

Hahahoj

Still Fresh
Joined
Jan 11, 2005
Messages
95
Age
46
Location
Russia
Website
wiz.rusbase.net
This is not the entry to the competition. This is not a commercial game, is not freeware game, in general is not really a game, not beta, not alpha.
This is a promotional video similar to youtube, just as close as possible to game graphics.
If you still do not know this, what do you generally evaluated in this contest?
 
R

redlemon

Guest
Is there any chance the jumping speed will be changed in the final version? I find making jumps very hard with how quickly the main character jumps uo
 

Blackcurtain

Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2010
Messages
175
Age
31
Location
Sweden
Website
www.blackcurtainstudio.com
redlemon said:
Is there any chance the jumping speed will be changed in the final version? I find making jumps very hard with how quickly the main character jumps uo
Yes, it will definitely be fixed. I've also noticed that there are some jumps that are hard to make.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

RetroVortex

Still Fresh
Joined
Feb 7, 2011
Messages
70
Looking good.

From that video I could see the slashing animation is a little stiff and sharp, and maybe you could add a little sound to say a bomb has been thrown.

Also you're guy seems to be a few pixels off the ground at times.

But I'm just being niggly. :D
 

Blackcurtain

Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2010
Messages
175
Age
31
Location
Sweden
Website
www.blackcurtainstudio.com
RetroVortex said:
Looking good.

From that video I could see the slashing animation is a little stiff and sharp, and maybe you could add a little sound to say a bomb has been thrown.

Also you're guy seems to be a few pixels off the ground at times.

But I'm just being niggly. :D
The video frame rate is a bit off so that's why the animations seem sharp.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

kayuz

Active Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2011
Messages
562
so, BlackCurtain, how the development of Skylark proceds? it's too time i don't listen any news about it :)
 

Blackcurtain

Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2010
Messages
175
Age
31
Location
Sweden
Website
www.blackcurtainstudio.com
kayuz said:
so, BlackCurtain, how the development of Skylark proceds? it's too time i don't listen any news about it :)
It's getting there slowly. I'm working on the level art currently, while juggling other bigger projects and my job where I also develop games.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Blackcurtain

Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2010
Messages
175
Age
31
Location
Sweden
Website
www.blackcurtainstudio.com
I see I haven't updated this topic in a while.
Some great progress has been made with quite a few new and interesting features added over the last couple of months to Skylark. Am looking forward to sharing it all with you very soon as the release is nearing.

One of these added features is the ability for the player to do critical hits based on the player's stats. I believe this is a must have for a RPG. Also, the combat has been slightly spiced up to give it some edge and eliminate the feeling of simple button mashing. In addition to the critical hits, the player attack style randomly varies from a simple swing of the sword to a more powerful power swing which delivers damage on a greater range. The damage has also been balanced for consistency between hits on enemies.

You can always follow Skylark on http://www.facebook.com/SkylarkTheGame
 

Orion4874

Mega GP Mania
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
1,426
Age
45
Location
North Brunswick, New Jersey
Wow, I was literally thinking about this and Hero:The Realm just yesterday. Glad to see the project is moving forward and i'm looking forward to making the purchase. Any chance for some pics or video of the updated gameplay? I realize it's not your project and I apologize for going off topic but have you heard anything about Squarefish's game? Hopefully like your's it's still being worked on behind the scenes
 

Blackcurtain

Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2010
Messages
175
Age
31
Location
Sweden
Website
www.blackcurtainstudio.com
Orion4874 said:
Wow, I was literally thinking about this and Hero:The Realm just yesterday. Glad to see the project is moving forward and i'm looking forward to making the purchase. Any chance for some pics or video of the updated gameplay? I realize it's not your project and I apologize for going off topic but have you heard anything about Squarefish's game? Hopefully like your's it's still being worked on behind the scenes
Yes, there will be some new pics and videos.
I'm not sure about Hero: The Realm. Last I heard was that Squarefish had completed and released a demo of it. I don't want to be presumptuous as to speak for him, so you'll have to ask him if he's still around the forums.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top