Gpsp (dynarec) Beta Testing

Probably a good idea. This emu is amazing and will be brilliant when it's finished, but the last thing we need is for Zodttd to burn out on it.

Godmil posted on Mar 13 2007 at 10:40 AM said:
Probably a good idea. This emu is amazing and will be brilliant when it's finished, but the last thing we need is for Zodttd to burn out on it.
Exactly. Zodttd, take all the time you need.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zottdt,

Thanks for adding me to the Beta program. I have a bug to report that hopefully nobody reported yet. I noticed that when you turn on Autoframeskip, but set the maximum autoframeskip to -0-, you get a fatal crash blank screen. This bug is repeatable. I hope you find this helpful.

-Pat F.

P.S. This emulator is very nice. I am amazed at how accurate it performs. You deserve a vacation.

It does seem to have a host of new bugs currently :S They probably, most of them, aren't as hard to fix as they would seem. I'm just charging my batteries up atm so I can give it a good play. Also Vektar, I must play Vektar. Got to beat my old score :p

ZodTTD for the King, will try the 9005 this night.

Thanks for your hard works.

paxl13

Tried out Pokemon Emerald using 9005, Sound stutters. Sound was almost perfect in 9004d.
It's not that big of an issue with me, A lot of the time I play with sound disabled :)

It does stall, And not just when I'm standing still. Stalled while playing Metroid Fusion.

Overall: Great work, Despite the bugs!
GBA emulation was one of the biggest reasons for me buying my GP2X, And now it's a reality, Thanks.

-Arch

Ok, I got a good 12+ hours of sleep and am ready to start compiling a list of things to fix in v9005.

Keep this in mind when testing games and reporting something needed to fix:
- I believe my autoframeskip is off by far, so I'll fix that.
- *** I accidently set the default audio_buffer to 256 instead of 512. ***
- The size of the GPE was increased a meg since I compiled with an - optimization flag -funroll-loops which increases speed but takes awhile to compile and raises the size.

Things I'd like to know, especially after setting to the correct 512 audio buffer:
- Is the "serious bug" still there? If you get a crash in seemingly random spots or while not inputting any controls, then this is the serious bug and I'd like to know about it. It's an easy fix but I might have tweaked it wrong currently.
- After setting the 512 audio buffer, you MUST exit gpSP2X completely and load it again. After that is done, is there still worse audio stuttering from v9004d? Also a note on performance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

zodttd posted on Mar 13 2007 at 09:27 PM said:
Ok, I got a good 12+ hours of sleep and am ready to start compiling a list of things to fix in v9005.

Keep this in mind when testing games and reporting something needed to fix:
- I believe my autoframeskip is off by far, so I'll fix that.
- *** I accidently set the default audio_buffer to 256 instead of 512. ***
- The size of the GPE was increased a meg since I compiled with an - optimization flag -funroll-loops which increases speed but takes awhile to compile and raises the size.

Things I'd like to know, especially after setting to the correct 512 audio buffer:
- Is the "serious bug" still there? If you get a crash in seemingly random spots or while not inputting any controls, then this is the serious bug and I'd like to know about it. It's an easy fix but I might have tweaked it wrong currently.
- After setting the 512 audio buffer, you MUST exit gpSP2X completely and load it again. After that is done, is there still worse audio stuttering from v9004d? Also a note on performance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
OK Zodttd, i gonna try right now the audio buffer restarting the emu ;)
I was changing it in game but it does not fix nothing.
See you in a minute ;)

EDIT: No Zodttd, the problem is not fixed.
Thank you for your efforts :)

zodttd posted on Mar 13 2007 at 09:57 PM said:
Rivroner: Please elaborate on the problem you're having. Thanks. :)
-There are a few games that have good sound, but not as good as in 9004D, now there is an annoying scratch that never happend before. (this is the good part)

-There are a lot of games that have no sound, is just like a noise, no FX, weird sounds,.. (Castlevania Circule of The Moon).

-There are others (like Zelda) that has fx´s but no music.

I have tried right now what you said about restarting emu after changing buffer to 512 and it does not works.At least settings for every game is saved succesfully.

Ramdom crashes and auto frameskip problem still are there, same like 9004D.

The last bug is that now if you set frameskip 0 it crashes in game too_Other user has see that too.

Sorry for my prehistorik english :D

Ah! I might know what I did wrong! Oops, I will fix that up in a few hours for v9006. Great feedback. :)

I'd be very happy to test the crash bug. Whether it's input related or not but tomorrow I have Laboratory of Digital Circuits and it's going to be my first one so I have to study :-|

zodttd posted on Mar 13 2007 at 10:09 PM said:
Ah! I might know what I did wrong! Oops, I will fix that up in a few hours for v9006. Great feedback. :)

Thanks to you man ;)
I´ll be waiting until 9006 B)

All right! First of all, thanks for everything Zod! Here's my report so far:

V-Rally 3: the 3D stuff on the menu look a little weird with some black vertical lines on them. The sound stutters a bit, and the races don't seem to be full speed.

Big Mutha Truckers: bad instruction when I press "Start" right after the intro screens.

Monster Rancher 2: seems playable, but the sound has a delay of about 20 seconds.

I didn't spend a long time with it, but I'll try to do so in the next days :)

Thanks, ZodTTD - I've a request if I may?

Can we have more precise settings for LCD gamma if possible? The closest I can get to correct GBA colours is at 0.8. 0.6 is too low, it really needs to be 0.7, but the front menu won't allow that.

Also, when I save the settings to SD, when I restart the emulator the gamma is back at 1.0 (bright screen) but the app reports a 0.0 setting - it doesn't seem to save the gamma setting properly.

Cheers,

D.

Glad you had good sleep Zod! Can people stop pestering when this is going to go public... It will be ready when it's mostly bug free and fast enough. i.e. When it is able to most useful to the average user, that wants to play through an epic GBA RPG... (Of course that's my opinion and ZodGod will release it when he think it;s most suitable :))

I hope I have time to test the new release that's upcoming! (didn't get to touch 0.9005...)

Back