Gpsp (dynarec) Beta Testing

sam fisher posted on Mar 12 2007 at 07:06 PM said:
the rom is fine, as is the auto frameskip. It's just that possible the MMU hack isn't loading for me or something. More likely I judge 60FPS differently than you, for me it has to be PERFECT 60, with no drops.

Is yours the E or the U rom?

(E) The frames are betwen 55-60 Mostly 60.
In game i press vol+ and change the frameskip to 1.Default is auto frameskip 4 but it´s doing frameskip 4 always.
I hope Zodttd fix that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunny posted on Mar 12 2007 at 07:38 PM said:
Rivroner posted on Mar 12 2007 at 05:55 PM said:
Put Auto frameskip 1 and press vol+ (twice maybe) to set the framecounter.

Don't trust the frame counter, it's wrong and will report perfect framerates whilst skipping frames wildly.

D.

If you set frameskip 1 and counter says 60 it´s not really 60 but it´s very smooth.If you set frameskip 4 is too choppy and counter says 60.
60 in both cases are like percentage.
Every emu has a diferent way to count frames.

i think when you see 60fps and you have set FS to 4 it realy display only 15fps and when you put FS1 it realy display 30fps the framecounter juste display what is on realy GBA but witout the fact there are FS.

Don't really know but maybe it is counting the frames skipped as well and thats why it is showing 60 FPS?

Rivroner posted on Mar 12 2007 at 07:24 PM said:
the rom is fine, as is the auto frameskip. It's just that possible the MMU hack isn't loading for me or something. More likely I judge 60FPS differently than you, for me it has to be PERFECT 60, with no drops.

In game i press vol+ and change the frameskip to 1.Default is auto frameskip 4 but it´s doing frameskip 4 always.
I hope Zodttd fix that.
Mines the (U) rom. Besides, its only running fullspeed as (E)'s only run at 50fps. So its reporting 60fps meaning 100% speed. But its actually only 50fps.

sam fisher posted on Mar 12 2007 at 09:48 PM said:
Because of the PAL television standard. The television only runs at 50hz so any more than 50fps are skipped.
That´s correct, but i think GBA games runs at 60 in both cases.
Portable devices are not like standar ones.
What you say about 60 is 100% speed i think is correct too.I say that a couple of posts up.

sam fisher posted on Mar 12 2007 at 08:38 PM said:

I hope Zodttd fix that.
Mines the (U) rom. Besides, its only running fullspeed as (E)'s only run at 50fps. So its reporting 60fps meaning 100% speed. But its actually only 50fps.

Wrong!

We are talking about GBA, this is a portable console and the only thing different about the different region GBAs are the power plug you get to charge it(if you are talking about an SP/Micro).

The only difference in the software between regions are language options and occasionally bug fixes for bugs found in between different countries respective releases.

All games run at 60Hz (not necessarily 60fps)

PokeParadox posted on Mar 12 2007 at 09:01 PM said:
sam fisher posted on Mar 12 2007 at 08:38 PM said:

I hope Zodttd fix that.

Wrong!

We are talking about GBA, this is a portable console and the only thing different about the different region GBAs are the power plug you get to charge it(if you are talking about an SP/Micro).

The only difference in the software between regions are language options and occasionally bug fixes for bugs found in between different countries respective releases.

All games run at 60Hz (not necessarily 60fps)
Sorry, forgot about it being region free etc :S

??? we are talking about a handheld console ... it makes no sens that there should be a fps difference between US and Eur games. With homeconsoles it's another thing ... there you have different TV-Standards ... but not with handhelds.

EDIT: BAAAH ... damn you :) ... always there is someone faster than me

god_at_hell posted on Mar 12 2007 at 09:05 PM said:
??? we are talking about a handheld console ... it makes no sens that there should be a fps difference between US and Eur games. With homeconsoles it's another thing ... there you have different TV-Standards ... but not with handhelds.

heh

sam fisher posted on Mar 12 2007 at 05:07 PM said:
god_at_hell posted on Mar 12 2007 at 09:05 PM said:

heh
Damn do I hate that.

Oh no, the people are restless! Speaking of rest, I fell asleep while doing some optimizations to the dynarec. I'm going to try to rush this optimization a bit, and if it doesn't get anywhere, just release v9005 without it. Sleep is good. :)

EDIT: For those who PM'd me, I will get back to you with v9005 once it's ready in a bit.

Back