Gpmame2x

Lazrhog

I don't have my GP2X yet (Grrr), but I am really surpirsed there hasn't been a quick and dirty port of MAME yet......

Is everyone just assuming someone else will do it ? Is it gonna have to be me when I get mine ?

Anyone got any news ?

Ability to port GP32 stuff to GP2X stuff is fuzzy right now... The exact methods for this are unknown. This will probably be sorted out when the OS source is released, though it will likely never be a clean process.

I PMed franxis and he said he would port it as quickly as he could once he got his gp2x. The website for his gp32 mame emulator can be found HERE.

Mame could be THE emulator on the gp2x, with the power of the gp2x u should be able to run almost anything at full speed.

OMG this is the one emulator i would be willing to pay for.......for me to have wardner ( and dont say the megadrive version....its crap! lol ) running full speed on the gp2x would be heaven for me :)

Good luck

Thats the main rub I'd say .. few people have units. How many have been shipped so far?

I know I'm waiting, watching the site every day for news.. driving me mental :)

jeff

Mame could be THE emulator on the gp2x, with the power of the gp2x u should be able to run almost anything at full speed.

Almost is the key word here. Some game machines have 8 or 9 different cpus to emulate, and I've seen some Pentium 4's get wasted. All the retro stuff should be ok, at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back