Gph Quake

Rikku2000

This is Pickle's Quake port, with my modifications.

In this post here, I'll put all new fixes and updates.

- Project Team -
Pickle
Rikku2000

- Info -
We provide only a quake client, you'll need to get two files from your original Quake: ´pak0.pak' and `pak1.pak'.
Most FAQs can be found in the readme-file.

All user how use GPH Quake v8 please edit the id1.gpe and change the follow:
-mem 64 to -mem 72 this will fix some crash problems during game.

why -mem 72 quake want RAM so we give quake 72 from 80 requied RAM.
if you set -mem 80 Quake crash...

- Download -
Quake1 - V9

Yous the Vispatch to make GPH Quake more colorfull...
Vispatch

Info: What is Vispatch? here the answer: The Water

- Servers -
You'll need to add Quake servers to servers.lst not QuakeWorld servers, last won't work due to protocol compatibilty.
Code:
http://www.quakeservers.net/quake/servers/
http://www.gameaholic.com/servers/quake/
http://www.smo.uhi.ac.uk/~seumas/quake/all.html
http://quakeone.com/servers/
- Changelog -

Version 9:
- Add 3G Sensor
- Add command cl_sensor disable 3G Sensor
- Add command cl_sensor_x setup the 3G Sensor X-Axis
- Add command cl_sensor_y setup the 3G Sensor Y-Axis
- Change Touchfields to W, A, S, D keys
- Manuel Maplist change to Autodetect Maplist (Check the Maps dir for BSP Files)
- Manual Modlist change to Autodetect Modlist (Check the Quake-root and can select Floders as Mod)
- Add option for Custom Textures
- Add Alpha Channel to Half-Life Maps
- Add CD Music use .wav as music.
- Fixed Gamma adjuster.
- Add cl_footsteps, r_drawworld, r_drawsky and gl_fullbright
- Add Footstep and Swim Sounds
- Add r_mapshots
- Add Footsteps and Models Interpolate to Advance menu

Many thanks, somebody (I think it was Pickle himself) played with the idea to use the motion senson for the freelook, I always thought this was a great idea, any chances for this?

EDIT: It would be nice to see how it works with higher clockspeeds, cause in open spaces, the framerate is sometime a little bit low.

For "local games", I hosted a game on my PC and joined it with my caanoo and a friend who lives near from me, it works great. (just had to edit the servers list)

Many many thanx !

thanks for the update. i wrote up a button configuration similar to dual analog pads but with buttons substituting for the other analog stick and it works great for moving around in a fast game.

the idea of using the g-sensors as a mouse would allow four more mappable buttons and more buttons is always a good thing for a game like quake. speaking of buttons the hold switch and the touch screen be used as buttons too right?

is there a way to configure the game to decrease textures for multiplayer only to help increase speed? some games just have sooo much going on for my little caanoo to handle at a decent frame rate.

and is there is a command to disable the auto centering?

i want the whole online quake experience and i know the caanoo can do it!

Yeah there is an command to set it off, for 3G Sensore i wait at moment first i will
add Rumbel and Adhoc but for now i still working hard on Quake to make it better. :)

No its not the version of OpenHandhelds its a New Version of Pickles Quake with my
Modifications.

Whould be good if we could look around like first person shooters on the DS using the stylis on the touch screen?

ruffnutts ;)

my config get overwritten by the default config everytime i quit, so i have to quit using power off if i don't want to lose my configs.

using the screen as a mouse isn't very practical because you need to see the screen. the ds had 2 screens for that. but the screen can still be used as buttons for other things. for example we can divide the screen in half and make them 2 invisible side buttons or divide into 4 invisible buttons for each corner area that your thumbs can easily tap. that way we can still see the center area of the screen.

sorry if i sound demanding i just wanted to share my ideas with everyone and quake multiplayer on the caanoo is just too awesome!

Config will now saved i have fix this you can see whats comming in Version 4.

Damn, im impressed. This i cant wait to play Half-life maps in quake, hopefully it will also work in multi-player, dust2 anyone? :)

Rikku you rock!! :)

Release of Version 4 is done curently i upload v4
in few mins its online. I add an readme for some
information have FUN.

Thanks Rikku2000, the game looks much nicer now, with all this coloured lights.

Yeah thats why i want make some more on quake :) i every day work on new things :p

Rikku2000 said:
Yeah thats why i want make some more on quake :) i every day work on new things :p

one thing i think could use some work is texture memory, the only option ive found to help this is the max texture size, you have any other ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
curently i am working on replace project for quake so you can download the 2,7GB pack
from darkplace and you can replace any kind of textures from extern tga-files.

but its hard port it from darkplace engine...

Rikku2000 said:
curently i am working on replace project for quake so you can download the 2,7GB pack
from darkplace and you can replace any kind of textures from extern tga-files.

but its hard port it from darkplace engine...

um ok thats not exactly the direction i meant :p, how do you expect that work? wiz can hardly load the standard textures for the normal game and the caanoo can hardly load the expansions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thing when i add my new fix and updates it will work a bit better.
Curently you see what i do on the engine so i am hopeful to fix this
kind of error.

this is looking amazing and your actually going to make it better?!

i've discovered a bug with the buttons. you can't hold alt key (l button) and ins key (r button) at the same time. it becomes one button, the end key and it overrides both the alt key and ins key. whatever actions i have mapped to alt key or ins key just stops and only action mapped to end key happens. end key shouldn't even be mapped to the caanoo.

Back