Okey i got it becouse i use when mouse up set the mouse
to middle so now i remove it and it work wait for update
please.

About L and R i have to take a look.

Edit: Hmm when i press L and R together there is all
right maybe your config is wrong.

Edit2: Try Revision 2 of version 6. The Touchscreen works better and
some errors with Config file fixed...

The touch screen is still pretty difficult to use.

Have you played the game to see what we're referring to?

I wish I knew more about programming, I'd probably be able to explain it better.

If you're making the player turn based on the stylus' distance from the center of the screen (which is what it seems to be doing), can you just replace "distance from the center of the screen" with "distance from the first point touched"? If I had time I'd make a video comparing Metroid Prime Hunters to this because that would show it perfectly... but I have to go to work right now.

To get it to work like Metroid, it shouldn't matter where you initially touch the screen. It should only matter how much you move from that point.

EDIT: I'm really impressed with the amount of work you're putting into this though. Thank you for being so responsive to feedback. =)

the L and R button are fine now, i don't know what i did wrong...

i tried the new touchscreen control and it still does not work like a mouse.

try looking around using only 1/4 of the touchscreen in any corner area. it is impossible. this works on a mousepad.

the touchscreen works more like an analog controller than a mouse. the area you touch is the area it looks.

you made the caanoo web browser and it's touchscreen controls perfectly like a mouse. just use those touchscreen controls here.

I use the same but i dont know whats happend...

The problem is when when you touch a new screen
the mouse switch to this place so thats a bit
strange...

In Quake i use the SDL_Mouse for touchscreen

i think it's because SDL_Mouse doesn't emulate mouselook. it works by making every screen pixel a button. so every time you touch an area of the screen the mouse cursor will show there. that is why it works in your web browser for cursor movement and not quake for mouselook movement.

one solution is to make every new press recenter the mouse cursor without changing the view. so when i press any area of the screen the mouse cursor always starts at the center of the screen and the view doesn't change.

there's even a quakeds port for the nintendo ds maybe it has coding that would help?

i have allready show the DS Sourcecode DS use nintndeo libs for
Quake for touchscreen i dont thing that that will work on Caanoo.

But i will see i have some ideas

Okey i thing i find a good way i use touch fields

c5l8SGM9ebvV.png

So when you touch the filed you will see in this position
when you touch up-left you touch 2 fields Up and Left-Field
when you will touch the middle it will set all to center

Edit:
Okey i test something and i have good news this works 100% fine
now :) and you can setup the touch speed.

Edit 2: okey Center will not become Center View i change it to
Shot i thing this is better as an center view.

those controls might work out okay. it's the same as having an extra joystick.

have a look at this too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IufqdiWWn5s it's quake for the iphone with a link to the source.

i wonder why pickle never put touchscreen mouse look for the wiz or gp2x? maybe it just can't be done?

Here you can try this Dev-version maybe its like this:
quake_dev-build-a1

Edit:
This Build have more like this Feature you can Test, middle is Shot.
the Build have Music support for ".wav" but it dont works good so
i have to edit some...

cool i'll test whatever you need.

maybe you can also take a look at the caanoo-write application by zx-81. it is the only caanoo application that uses touchscreen drawing to move around the pages.

With touchfields its works pretty fine i only must set an point for
the FPS when fps is to big it rotate to fast becouse in quake you
know it have some probs with FPS some time have 20/50/15/30...

that's why i couldn't use a 180 turn alias!

okay, i can use your touchscreen controls but i see 2 problems with those controls.

1. the screen buttons are so far apart i can see a lot of people's hands/fingers/wrist becoming tired from moving their stylus around the large screen a lot in a game. make those same controls smaller and located on the bottom right corner area instead. that way we can use our stylus or thumb on the screen much more easily.

2. i can also see a lot of people pressing center button by accident when pressing from left to right or up to down. leave the center button empty as a dead zone instead.

those changes will make your controls better. have a happy thanksgiving! :)

hmm not really the touch fields are big enoght :p i can add en
option to config that you can turn off or on the center field

German dont have thanksgiving! :p

Rikku2000 said:
v7 is out you can take a try, have FUN!

i had no idea you were german! well thanks for the release and happy holidays anyway! :)

i've played using the new touch controls and they're very hard to use for aiming/looking in a game. i don't think touchscreen for looking/aiming will work on the caanoo :(

in version 6 i used touchscreen as a button. it's probably better to forget mouselook and change touchfields into #1-9 keys.

it is possible to make g-sensor W,A,S,D keys?

Last edited by a moderator:
This may sound like a stupid question, but I'm pretty sure I have the game configured correctly, but it always crashes after just a minute of playing, usually in around the same spot. I read Rikku say earlier that it was the particles and I need to turn them off with a command. I'm new to a lot of this, and am not sure how to do that...can someone explain real quick?

Edit: Ok after I updated my firmware to 1.5.0 it ran much smoother and worked very well :D It did crash after I died at one point...well it didnt crash but it just sat there at the loading screen indefinitely, but it works much better now. Though I do have one other question. When the game is first loading it says that its loading the demo files. I put the real game files in...so is it running a quake demo or the real game?

Nunez said:
Edit: Ok after I updated my firmware to 1.5.0 it ran much smoother and worked very well :D It did crash after I died at one point...well it didnt crash but it just sat there at the loading screen indefinitely, but it works much better now. Though I do have one other question. When the game is first loading it says that its loading the demo files. I put the real game files in...so is it running a quake demo or the real game?

demo files are the 3 game demos that play when you don't do anything.

Hmm i plan to setup an compleat new Menu that more easy to
use and this menu will disable the demos becouse this dont
need in the new Menu.

It will compleat controled over touchscreen.
but for now its only an idea...

dont know if i use it...

blues2 said:
Nunez said:

demo files are the 3 game demos that play when you don't do anything.

Oh ok, that clears that up. Another quick question though. In the beginning when its loading, why does it read "couldnt exec autoconfig.cfg" Is that a problem with my configuration or is it just supposed to do that? I mean, everything runs pretty good...but it does crash after awhile of playing.

Nunez said:
Oh ok, that clears that up. Another quick question though. In the beginning when its loading, why does it read "couldnt exec autoconfig.cfg" Is that a problem with my configuration or is it just supposed to do that? I mean, everything runs pretty good...but it does crash after awhile of playing.

you don't have to worry about that. if lets you run your own scripts at the start up, and some other things if you know how to use it.

Back