Gph Is Working On A New Handheld (codename: Gpx3)

[****]

EDIT: What the hell?, It Is! Hmm...Now I'll go test out some new words to see what gets censored.... :p

z32fairlady said:
I just thought gph is picking up where someone else left off to make a gaming handheld featuring A** CPUs and A?? graphic chips :p

[Ah, that's sounds familiar...]

I don't know why you thought that, the MagicEyes corporation makes an MMSP2+, akin to our MMSP2 but with 360mhz core FPU processor, and 3D acceleration/ TV out encoder/ and USB 2.0 host (these last two are currently used via seperate chips), not to mention the new 0.13um process that is more efficient and probably uses less power. MagicEyes MMSP2+ Webpage

Dual CPU Cores
Over 700MIPS CPU Performance with dual ARM9 processor
- ARM926T : Host processor, 360MHz(I/D:16KB/16KB)
- ARM946T : Programmable Coprocessor, 300MHz(I/D: 4KB/4KB, 16KB D-TCM)

Display Controller
up to 1280x1024 @ 60Hz
4 Layers support
Independent Dual Display mode support
Internal NTSC/PAL encoder with Video DAC

Graphics
3D Performance : 100M Texel/sec, 1M Polygon/sec
2D Performance : 400M Pixel/sec (I see you DaveC :p)
3D Texture Mapping, Lighting, Shading, Fogging, Z-Buffer, Alpha Blending
WinCE GDI up to 1280 x 1024
OpenGL ES 1.1 support (Limited)

daclassicgamingmaster said:
I was suspicious at "codename gpx3". Dunno why, but they would more likely call it a gp3x for now...

The original GPX2 codename was vetoed because there is already a stereo by the name of GPX and that would be copyright infringment or something. I like GPX3 personally.
DaveC said:
Even though that was a joke that would make an awsome handheld. That screen res would be able to run all of the GP2X stuff at 2X and it would look the same as it does now (assuming it would be backward compatible) and a touchscreen would make on-screen keyboards and mouse emulation a dream. That 640x480 would also make VGA PC games a perfect port like OpenTTD etc.

It could be done surely. I just hope whenever they get around to it there are some better battery options (4NiMH or Li-Ion is the choice I would like to see, satisfies everyone), and a USB host built directly in. Not to mention 2x 3.5mm jacks could host the S-Video and A/V output easily.

The touch-screen interface is included on the chip, I am pretty sure if the BGA contacts were traced out we could put modified PALM Pilot touchscreens on the current unit, and of course there is nothing stopping us from using an alternative USB or RS-232 interfaced touch-screen on the current model.

Last edited by a moderator:
You had me good :( That would make an awesome machine for real. I guess you can never really have it all ;)

Also, that mmsp2+ looks nice. Paired up with a VGA screen and real dpad, and I'd be all over it again.
[****]

Woah, I absolutely fell for that... god damn. It was sounding too good though but it didn't really come to me that it's april's fools today.

daclassicgamingmaster said:
EDIT: Wtf? Since when?!

April Fools's maybe? [****] yea! :lol:

nubie said:
I don't know why you thought that, the MagicEyes corporation makes an MMSP2+, akin to our MMSP2 but with 360mhz core FPU processor, and 3D acceleration/ TV out encoder/ and USB 2.0 host (these last two are currently used via seperate chips), not to mention the new 0.13um process that is more efficient and probably uses less power. MagicEyes MMSP2+ Webpage

What in my mind was: on that day we'll all be playing Halo on the subway, and we are playing emulators by simply dropping the .exe files onto the SD. :lol:

nubie said:
The touch-screen interface is included on the chip, I am pretty sure if the BGA contacts were traced out we could put modified PALM Pilot touchscreens on the current unit, and of course there is nothing stopping us from using an alternative USB or RS-232 interfaced touch-screen on the current model.
I remember once ED talked about it.
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?s=&am...st&p=420847
If the touchscreen is available at small quantities, I wonder if there's anyone willing to make a mod? ;)

EDIT: clearing up confusion

slygamer said:
Can this thread just die now? April Fools is long gone now, even for the Americans who are always late to every day of the year.
Not if folks like YOU keep posting in it ... an hour passed between the last post and yours, yet you brought it back to life. Brilliant :p

RockOut said:
:blink: It's a joke?

JOKE

It was posted *April fools day*

That and the fact that it had a VGA touch screen and D-pad, you don't think GPH would actually do something that smart ;)

z32fairlady said:
nubie said:

What in my mind was: on that day we'll all be playing Halo on the subway, and we are playing emulators by simply dropping the .exe files onto the SD. :lol:

If you want that get a UMPC (the future is now! :p), the battery can last from 4-8 hours and have 1ghz and higher CPU. Their BoB (comes WITH it) has VGA, keyboard mouse etc. DVD blah blah blah.

Playing fear on a handheld: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xrHkBtv0TI

If I ever get around to it I will have one of these, Halo PC will run on it I am sure. I want one of the Core Solo models if they ever come out, or the AMD/ATI fusion processor with integrated Northbridge and Graphics :D, if the CPU scaled from 700-1200mhz it would be awesome.

Blah said:
This joke was made just for DaveC. I mean who else wants a 640x480 touchscreen more than life itself?
Me,

./run_for_life

Seriously I want a Q1 UMPC.

I for one think that a 640*480 touch screen would be awesome, just imagine openttd/freeciv and new homebrew made for it, a dream for every rts/tactic game fan.

Yes, I know, it's unlikely, but what would you do if a console of the above description *was* released? Shit your pants? Spontaneously combust?

I suppose it would depend on what you could do with it? (Eg. if the softwares locked down, such as PSP/DS/etc, but someone hacked it, would it still be interesting?)

Back