Gph Is Working On A New Handheld (codename: Gpx3)

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Forget the BoB - 'cause GPH just told me they are working on a new handheld at the moment (the codename for the moment is gpx3, but that name will most likely be changed until release).

I'm not allowed to tell you much about it, but it's basically a very spiced up gp2x.
The main system will still run under Linux, but this time, it will have a 640x480 Touchscreen TFT and a DPad (thanks to DaveC who sent a unit with a DPad to them).
It's also said to have hardware 3D (OpenGL ES compatible) and of course 2D Video filters, so it will basically throw the PSP off it's throne hardwarewise.
It will also include a gp2x and GP32 emulator (which isn't a problem, since it's also ARM based)-

If all goes well, this cool little machine will see the light of day by the end of the year.

Cool stuff, eh? :D
I'll keep you informed!

EvilDragon posted on Apr 1 2007 at 03:39 PM said:
Forget the BoB - 'cause GPH just told me they are working on a new handheld at the moment (the codename for the moment is gpx3, but that name will most likely be changed until release).

I'm not allowed to tell you much about it, but it's basically a very spiced up gp2x.
The main system will still run under Linux, but this time, it will have a 640x480 Touchscreen TFT and a DPad (thanks to DaveC who sent a unit with a DPad to them).
It's also said to have hardware 3D (OpenGL ES compatible) and of course 2D Video filters, so it will basically throw the PSP off it's throne hardwarewise.
It will also include a gp2x and GP32 emulator (which isn't a problem, since it's also ARM based)-

If all goes well, this cool little machine will see the light of day by the end of the year.

Cool stuff, eh? :D
I'll keep you informed!

April's fool anyone? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
aww you beautiful evil open the box and give us hope...

mth411 posted on Apr 1 2007 at 01:44 PM said:
Please let it be april fools.
HUH? why? me want!

Last edited by a moderator:
God this is the third April fool I fall for today :(
I guess I should have slept last night instead of doing all that lame work :S

Yeah, I thought it was especially dodgy when I saw the
"will see the light of day by the end of the year."
bit.

You had me almost 'till the very end. I even had my little "give the GP2X its time to shine before knocking it off" speech ;)

Well it's not as if it wouldnt have been nice to have but yeah the list smacks of Wish fulfillment to much to be real. Litterally too good to be true. :p

lol... almost had me... would have been the first joke I fell for...

(What I mean by this is I just read through the thread before actually thinking about anything so the joke was revealed by the comments before I could be taken by it... )

good one for sure ;)

on the other hand--i wouldn't put it past GPH to put out a GP2X+ (ala blu, blu+) and if THAT had a d-pad ... might be worth shelling for (I've got a mk1 right now).

Back