Gph About Fw3.0.0

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say it is very pretty though. Just got my 2nd GP2X today, takes about 2.5 secs longer to boot than my other 2.1.0, but I reckon that's probably from loading the skin (someone correct me if I'm wrong?) Otherwise the firmware seems identical, except "utilities" has been replaced by the help videos, which I think is cool, no sense in having two different loaders really. Whoever did the voiceover for the help videos should get a job as an airline pilot, haha ;)

Why are they wasting their resources in such a spectacular way?!

Well... the new skin was done by me, the games and tutorials mostly by craig and Fatih.
What ressources did they waste?
I'll cut right to the chase. If you can just make the skin available on its own, and it more than doubles your boot time, what reason would anyone have to ever install this?

It doesn't double. As said above, we're talking about 1.5 seconds here, mainly for the animated menu.
Sure, I have a GPS of it to use it on every gp2x... though it wouldn't make sense, since utility will be called Help then.

Last edited:
It doesn't double. As said above, we're talking about 1.5 seconds here, mainly for the animated menu.
Sure, I have a GPS of it to use it on every gp2x... though it wouldn't make sense, since utility will be called Help then.

Is it correct to say that if you update to the currently posted FW 2.1.2 (which as far as I'm aware replaces 'Utility' with 'Help') and then applied this skin, you'd have exactly the same as FW 3.0.0?

Is it correct to say that if you update to the currently posted FW 2.1.2 (which as far as I'm aware replaces 'Utility' with 'Help') and then applied this skin, you'd have exactly the same as FW 3.0.0?

Don't know what they changed on 2.1.2 ;)
But basically, yes.

Last edited:
I think that's Craig. I'd like to go on record as saying he sounds like a raspy woman. :) Just throwing that out there.
Don't unsult Craig, he sounds a bit like the Voice over for "Air Line" :p.

Don't know what they changed on 2.1.2 ;)
But basically, yes.
Guyfawkes said 2.1.2 is just 2.1.1....

Guyfawkes said 2.1.2 is just 2.1.1....

That was a week ago when he compared the files, maybe GPH simply uploaded the wrong archive.
As Utility has been switched with Help on his gp2x, it CAN'T be the same.

Oh, sorry, I'm neither from Sony or Nintendo, so you don't believe anything I say. So forget about that.

Last edited:
No, i'm not epicentre, I believe what you say related to the GP2x, but not related to the GP*x :p

Edit: Still tomorrow night I'll do a binary comparison of the two archives to be sure.

Back