Gph About Fw3.0.0

NoidZ

Mind the world, need for panic
Website
Visit site
Value Pack has just been released a few weeks ago.

The firmware 3.0.0. consists mainly of artwork change, therefore existing customers with GP2X are not effected in any way regarding the functionality of the software.

Finally, the firmware for the value pack 3.0.0 will be released soon.
We are working on the patch release.

Thank you.

Strange that such a seemingly small update would warrant the 3.0.0 tag... but I guess this sort of falls in line with GPH's way of offering consoles. That is, they release the MkII's with 2.0.0, and now the Value Pack with 3.0.0.

--Zero

Actually there are a few more subtle changes to set things up for later on, a 4.0.0 version if you like, it is the push towards a very user friendly firmware.

I think they need to completely flatten the existing firmware and start from scratch. There's just too much shit to fix from Dignsys' disaster. At the very least the gp2xmenu should be completely redone, along with all of the media player applications. Only then would it warrant a number like '3.0.0'. Right now it's as deceptive as Microsoft calling XP with a new skin and some DRM 'Vista' (oh yes, I went there.)

Now GPH tries to get costumers which probably know nothing about the scene behind it.

I get the feeling GPH wants to sell the 2X to people who don't like PSP games, but own a PSP, but don't like the emulation either due to a big screen AND dislike the UMD discs.

Conspiracy....

i'm just happy gph is releasing the firmware!
Why though? It seems it's only purpose is to try and lure in more newbies with eye candy and tutorials. I haven't read anything to suggest the existing user base gets any benefit at all. I'm a bit annoyed that GPH won't even consider the recommendations that would shorten the bootup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why though? It seems it's only purpose is to try and lure in more newbies with eye candy and tutorials. I haven't read anything to suggest the existing user base gets any benefit at all. I'm a bit annoyed that GPH won't even consider the recommendations that would shorten the bootup.

cuz new skin!!
and more users means more donations means better, more dedicated homebrew!

cuz new skin!!
and more users means more donations means better, more dedicated homebrew!

... w-hat

I'll translate:

New skin=Nifty-looking front end
This may attract new users
New users may equal more donations to the DEVs, providing more impetus to code more stuff.

</translation>

I understood where he was going with it, it just doesn't make sense and is ridiculous.
Who donates to anything but emulator authors? Pretty much no one. So it doesn't do any good for homebrew. And users who are drawn in by a flashy GUI probably won't be coming here because they can't operate Google without assistance, much less find their dicks with both hands.

I understood where he was going with it, it just doesn't make sense and is ridiculous.
Who donates to anything but emulator authors? Pretty much no one. So it doesn't do any good for homebrew. And users who are drawn in by a flashy GUI probably won't be coming here because they can't operate Google without assistance, much less find their dicks with both hands.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I agree 100%

It's pretty easy to get it to boot faster, but gph won't change the boot script... or the file system.
I don't understand... you're their prime source of income, wouldn't you have a say of what goes on there? Seems to me like you're pampering them a tad too much ;P

- Alex

What GPH seems to need more than anything is a swift kick in the ass and a To-Do list from which they cannot deviate. I think they've got a little too much freedom right now, and they're getting in over their heads with no idea which way is up.

Back