Gpfinalwar 0.7 + Wargame Maker

Wow... I am intensely impressed. I doubt I'll eve make something with this, but I certainly want to play about with it a bit - being able to make games with an engine as good as GPFinalwar is pretty darn good.

Thanks and congratulations :D

very very impressed im gonna get started on a dune 2 mod as soon as i have some free time... :D

does the game support music?sound?i just can't wait to write some music for something,somone give me some stuff to write!it would be cool to make alternative soundtracks to the game

watoto posted on Oct 2 2004 at 05:04 PM said:
does the game support music?sound?i just can't wait to write some music for something,somone give me some stuff to write!it would be cool to make alternative soundtracks to the game

An "official" menu mod would be welcome ! I'd like to have as many original stuff as possible for this campaign, so I guess I'll use a mod if you could do one. In-game mods are also possible, so tell me if you're interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
i started looking nto the software yesterday night and i have to say im very impressed, very easy interface.
Ive started making some graphic etc , my only problem i think i will have making a dune 2 mod is the way resources are gatherd, is it possible to make i so recources are gatherd then braught back to a silo in order to be collected
? Like in C & C and Dune 2.....
thanks

mATkEUpON posted on Oct 2 2004 at 10:41 PM said:
watoto posted on Oct 2 2004 at 05:04 PM said:

An "official" menu mod would be welcome ! I'd like to have as many original stuff as possible for this campaign, so I guess I'll use a mod if you could do one. In-game mods are also possible, so tell me if you're interested.

wait,so to make a "mod" do i make any piece of music and convert it to mod or is it a format like midi is?can i write music in midi or audio?

About resources collecting, I can have a look and try to add some other ways to collect them. Contact me on my support forum and we'll see how we can do it.

About the mods, well, a mod can be 2 things acutally. Either a music file, or a modification for GpFinalWar (a whole set of units, buildings and terrain gfx).

Here I was talking about a music file, because in a mod for GpFinalWar you can set your own menu music (which has to be called menu.mod).

Protoss posted on Oct 3 2004 at 03:38 PM said:
Ok I am going to *try* to do a Starcraft mod, but I can't find the building sprites anywhere. Anyone know where to find thos sprites?

Use RetroGRP, a grp converter to convert real starcraft sprite to bmp.

Just a little message for everyone who'd like to make a mod, or just to try: go on my forum !!! I can help for any trouble, and more importantly I can add stuff (like attack script options, other moves...).
Just register on my forum, open a topic for your mod, I'll try to help you as much as I can !

mATkEUpON posted on Oct 3 2004 at 02:24 PM said:
About resources collecting, I can have a look and try to add some other ways to collect them. Contact me on my support forum and we'll see how we can do it.

About the mods, well, a mod can be 2 things acutally. Either a music file, or a modification for GpFinalWar (a whole set of units, buildings and terrain gfx).

Here I was talking about a music file, because in a mod for GpFinalWar you can set your own menu music (which has to be called menu.mod).

ok,but can the music be any format that then gets converted to .mod,or is that the format it hs to be written in?

like,can i make a midi or audio track and then convert it to .mod?or i just rename it with the extension .mod?what?

watoto posted on Oct 3 2004 at 06:50 PM said:
ok,but can the music be any format that then gets converted to .mod,or is that the format it hs to be written in?

like,can i make a midi or audio track and then convert it to .mod?or i just rename it with the extension .mod?what?

No, you can't take any music file. You have to choose a .mod file (user on Amigo and other systems, known as tracker format).

falken80 posted on Oct 3 2004 at 01:16 PM said:
Protoss posted on Oct 3 2004 at 03:38 PM said:
Ok I am going to *try* to do a Starcraft mod, but I can't find the building sprites anywhere. Anyone know where to find thos sprites?

Use RetroGRP, a grp converter to convert real starcraft sprite to bmp.

Thnx man...I'm installing Starcraft now, and am gonna give it a shot :)

It seems I can't import the frame for a base :'( Do the bmps have to be a certain format? I select my bmp, click Ok, and it brings up another dialog box...then when I click cancel, I get no imported frames. Bug? Or Idiot User?

Yes building background frames should be of a certain size. All is explained in the pdf included, but I can clear some things out if you like.

New building to create a new object. Then, don’t care about the shape combobox, it will be automatically set.
Instead, load your background gfx. Here the rule is simple: they must have one of this sizes:
- 24x20, or 1x1 tile (mostly for turrets)
- 48x40, 2x2 tiles
- 72x40, 3x2 tiles
- 72x60, 3x3 tiles
- 48x20, 2x1 tiles

Back