Gpfinalwar 0.7 + Wargame Maker

mATkEUpON

Certified Guru
Hi there !

Big update today !!!

Website has changed first: http://matkeupon.gp32z.com

GpFinalWar updated to 0.7, with now external files support.

WarGame Maker is out !!!! It lets you create your own mod for GpFinalWar. See my website.

And a brand new campaign is on its way !

I've never played any of these sort of games before, so could someone give me a quick outline of how you are supposed to play this game? I tried it a while back but there were no instructions and I couldn't figure out what I was supposed to be doing...

Sorry, a "please" wouldn't hurt, would it? :D

when we made the game, we were going to make ( that was my job, sry ) a manual
that ... ya...never happened
well, its pretty easy
just like C&C games

~Octavious

GPnator posted on Oct 1 2004 at 11:45 AM said:
and to read readme's is also not that hard ;)

Thanks a lot smartarse.

GpFinalWar

v 0.7 alpha (30/09/2004)

This release of GpFinalWar is a test version, along with the map and campaign editors,
to see if there is an interest in the Gp32 community for this game.

The 1st goal of this test release is to kill the last bugs, but also to get feedback,
and maybe further, to release the game engine as a moddable program, which would load
terrain tiles, wall tiles, custom user interface, units and buildings in a .mix format
that would come with a units / buildings editor.
If there is enough interest on the project, then I should take the time to do that.

0 - Changes

0.7 changes: External files at last !!!!!!!!! This is a first test, so there may be
a lot of troubles. As the old campaigns are not compatible, this release should be used
only by people using the WarGame maker. A stable version should be released soon with a
full campaign (another campaign, a better one).

1 - Installing campaigns / maps

The game looks for the campaigns / maps in the gp:\gpmm\maps folder. The files you'll
find in the game archive should not be moved and copied directly on smc in the gpmm
directory.
In a skirmish game, you can select .map or .mis files as they all contain a map.
To start a new campaign, just select the name of the campaign file.

2 - Controls

Pad to move the pointer
A to select / give an order
double click on A selects each unit of the same kind
B to unselect buildings / units / sell / repair
hold B for a selection rectangle
Select once to make the side menu appear
Select again to make the pointer go onto it
and Select from the sidemenu to get back to the game
L controls the zoom, using the Pad (up / left to zoom in, down / right to zoom out)
L can also create a group, using Start / Select / A / B (4 groups)
R speeds up the pointer
R can also call a group using the same buttons
Start pauses the game

3 - Credits

Thanks for playing GpFinalWar !!! Any comments are appreciated, matkeupon@wanadoo.fr

If the game engine pleases you and you'd like to use it with your own gfx, contact me !!!

mATkEUpON
(please note - I've got no job for now - and I'm ready to move all over the world if you're in the
videogame industry :) )

So which part of that 'readme' tells me what I am supposed to be doing?

And Octavious, thats my problem - I've never played any C&C games!

Last edited by a moderator:
To start a game, select Skirmish mode.

Then, choose the map you'll be playing on, the type of game (survival, skirmish) and the other stuff.

So depending on the game type:
For normal skirmish game, you have to destroy each building the enely has. To do that you'll have to build a base, and collect funds. To build a base deploy the mobile construction vehicle you should have since the beginning of the game. Then with this, you'll have to build a war factory to make a mobile derrick (to collect funds). Move it onto a gas mark on the ground
petrol.jpg
and deploy it. It will collect resources for some time.

The with this money, just build war vehicles and attack teh enemy with them.

The survival mode si easier to understand. Improve your base while there is some time to do it, and then defend it.

You'll use TileSEditor.exe to add your terrain gfx. Once you've done that, create a mod file (.fwd file) and put all the files where they should be (see the pdf in WGMaker archive). Then you'll be able to use mapedit with your own terrain gfx to create your maps.

If you want to use my tiles, then copy my tileset instead of creating your one. You can just create new units and buildings (or just add some to my mod also). In this case you'll need my example mod (the version with the files unpacked) to edit maps.

See the support forum on my website if you have more questions.

so theoretically speaking. If we can use our own graphics, with this type of game, would it be possible to make a WarCraft clone??

Or at least something close to it?

You should be able to do almost everything you want that the engine already does. I'm going to add more stuff, as infantry...

If you want to make a mod and you want to know exactly want you can do with Wargame Maker, ask me on my forum.

Back