PHP Dev Help needed (Joomla 1.7 / Invision Power Board bridge)

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,

as mentioned, we're currently working on a new website which also allows users to upload videos and images to provide a nice user gallery to interested customers.

This already is setup, however, I'd love if the forum users could use their login data to upload the pictures.

Therefore, a bridge is needed.

For IPB, there's a plugin named IP.Converge, which is basically a tool that authenticates the user with the IPB database using XML-RPC. So a connection to Joomla is possible.

However, the plugin for Joomla 1.5 doesn't work with Joomla 1.7 (authentication has changed a bit), so I'd need an updated plugin for that.

The original plugin can be found here: http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/2158-ipcjoomla-101/

Is there anyone capable to update the plugin to be usable with Joomla 1.7?

We can try it on our testing installation anytime.

Can't say I'd be the best person to do it; my experience with Joomla is effectively zero, but I'll look into the plugin.

Edit: "We're sorry, but you cannot download files from our Download Manager. If you are seeing this message, it is because you do not hold an active IPB license."

You might want to attach the plugin, if licensing allows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't say I'd be the best person to do it; my experience with Joomla is effectively zero, but I'll look into the plugin.

Edit: "We're sorry, but you cannot download files from our Download Manager. If you are seeing this message, it is because you do not hold an active IPB license."

You might want to attach the plugin, if licensing allows.

Ah, okay. I'll grab the needed plugins and will PM them to you later.

Thanks for the help :)

Back