GPD Win (x86 Computer / Palmtop)

The win is unique, a special little snowflake that you can play world of Warcraft on.

In fact, the win also has magical powers. It can summon demons from the underworld and breath fire.

In addition to that, when you boot it up for the first time, you are granted immortality.

What do you get with the pandora? Open office? Yea....

(I see your shitpost and raise you even shittier shitpost)

Last edited:
The win is unique, a special little snowflake that you can play world of Warcraft on.
except most likely not fun during raiding or being in major cities on populated servers from my experience with similar performance Atoms.

My Pandora can play Not Pacman as well..
But when im think at it:
It cant play not tetris nor not pacman jet, as its currently at your place for repair..

In fact, the win also has magical powers. It can summon demons from the underworld and breath fire.

In addition to that, when you boot it up for the first time, you are granted immortality.

What do you get with the pandora? Open office? Yea....

(I see your shitpost and raise you even shittier shitpost)

You get LibreOffice after all :p

Big update on Indiegogo just now. GPD are going to use a metal back casing to address the heat from the Z8700.

Dear Backers:

Due to we upgrade the processor and after we reassess the power dissipation of Z8700,We decided to use a metal back shell in order to the better heat dissipation. Please check the Pic blow(when mass production,we will painting to make the whole device is black):

ucsqejpkdldbfvf8zk07.jpg
jtyhbsq3akggiauxacvo.jpg

Hopefully, this won't affect the Wifi antenna - as that's always a bit of an issue with metal cases.
If it sits in the same area as Wifi antenna in the GPD Win, it could cause some problems.

In the first pic, what is that copper horse shoe ;looking thing on the edge of the PCB - near the battery. Is that a heat pipe?

Couldn't be, they would have said if it was. Hmmm. I wonder what it is . Antennae for something
[doublepost=1468639226,1468638770][/doublepost]Here's some more pics GPD posted. Man, that metal bottom case looks awesome. If only the top of the screen casing was also metal. Would be incredible

eimsqrmzvd1wl2mfma2b.jpg

vcjicwhhfhgnb8qhtjvo.jpg

yqyxha8ue5rmbxnhmdff.jpg

Hopefully, this won't affect the Wifi antenna - as that's always a bit of an issue with metal cases.
If it sits in the same area as Wifi antenna in the GPD Win, it could cause some problems.

If I had to guess, I'd guess that black clip on cable disappearing around the side of the case is probably the wifi antenna, and either looped around the keyboard side of the bottom case, or it goes up through the hinge like the Pandora does (though why it goes off away from the hinge is a mystery in that case).

Edit: I've no real idea what that gold coloured (it's not pinky enough for copper) horseshoe thing is. Something to do with that power button on the other side of the board?

Yet another GPD update, seems GPD have been busy

Dear Backers:

In addition to the existing internal passive heat dissipation treatment,We are designing a new accessories--a small USB external fan.And the internal structure design also reserved air duct.Please check the pic blow:

htu4gezqubvgeatkvimn.jpg
glwe5cdrduapnnmqfaya.jpg

kkaweewzguxwamdlbves.jpg

Reactions: wej
Nice. They probably found out that the device still can get pretty hot and are trying to fix that as good as possible.
I doubt they can fully fix that (it's impossible without a fan, we tried that with the Pyra as well), but it's good they're improving that as good as they can.

Back