GPD Win (x86 Computer / Palmtop)

Are the Pyra nubs the same as the Pandora? I didn't like the nubs on the Pandora, and find the sticks on the Win2 really good - similar to the Vita.
God no, the Pandora nubs we frankenstein's monster nubs, running their own self calibration (aka self-decalibration) on their own internal CPU. Luckily these days proper manufacturers with QC departments make nubs, with the rise in handheld gaming devices that can do more than simple 8- and 16-bit games (I think when the Pandora was being designed, the PSP was only just out and its nub was probably made by Sony for PSP only). At Matzesu says, I think these nubs are similiar to one used on a more mainstream device, but I don't remember which one any more. He may well be right in that its the Vita nubs, plus center click.

Anyway, you can see the new nubs in this hacky video:

Try doing the same on the Pandora - sooner than that you'll have them not making big circles and ignoring your small circles IME. The only issue I can see is there seems to be slight clipping at the top of the big circles - that might be the nub hitting the case, but I can't think of a situation where that would actually be a problem.

Glad to hear that there have been progress on the nubs. I remember having to recalibrate them all the time on my Pandora...

My Pandora Nubs are currently in Shooter Mode (Movement on right) cause my left Nub didn’t work great,
That’s the second issue in the multiple „2 Months ️“ Circle I have my Pandora..

I like playing Gameboy Games on it and the DPAD works much better..

The Gpd Win Controlls on the other Hand aren’t that bad,
Works for my Games as long I didn’t play a competitive Shooter..

I may just find myself doing the nub dance for old times sake from time to time.

Personally, I'll pass. I'm not nostalgic to this kind of stuff :3

Though I really liked the community emus and native ports on the Pandora - I think that DraStic and PCSXReArmed were born on the Pandora? Curious to see what we will see on the Pyra - hopefully decent Saturn / Dreamcast emus... PS2 / GC are probably too much for the system.

Good news, I guess :)

I did have to edit a configuration file for the screen rotation, touchscreen calibration, and to enable tear free vsync mode for the Intel graphics. But I didn't have to install anything and it's basically copy and paste. Even the startup log and lockscreen are properly rotated! The distro is Ubuntu Mate 18.10.

Back