GPD WIN MAX ANNOUNCED

I might be having one of these regardless tbh. My Pocket 1 is dead but was woefully underpowered right when I needed it so...

Edit: Anyone else thinks Linus is looking rough as arseholes these days?

Linus test video is very well produced. It was a joy to watch...

It will be interesting to see the small improvements that the final unit introduces.

Regarding Win 3 and Max 2 - of course they do have plans for successors. And if we remember Max 1 - they announced it much earlier before and delayed it more than once (and not only because of the pandemic). So it wouldn't reasonable to wait for a Max 2, if you like the Max 1 and want to buy one, just do it. The Max 2 will most likely be delayed again to 2022 anyway.

Linus really pumped up the CPU to 25W, I found that a little bit scary. :eek: At least the poor little Win Max only crashed and did not melted away. xD

@EvilDragon

Hi,

You mention a German keyboard on Dragonbox shop for the Win max, could you tell us more about it?

Envoyé de mon G8441 en utilisant Tapatalk

unknown.png

EvilDragon dit a Dragonbox Flix Episode on Youtube where he showed some Emulators on the GPD WIN MAX, quite Impressive as its runs PS2, PS3, Gamecube (WII) and even WIIU..
Would be a cool Device, but im allready on Pyra Preeorder..

@EvilDragon are there any news regarding delivery to you?
I was hoping for it to arrive to my vacation, but I am already there since yesterday (you wrote that they will arrive later, so no surprise there).
Any news would be appreciated.
Thanks!

ED's shop sent me a shipping notice a few days ago, says it will be here Wednesday. Can't wait to try it out and give feedback. Thanks ED
I got mine two days ago from ED!
You will be amazed!
Its really a great device and with a bit of work, Linux runs on it as well!
Ive got Linux (for work) and Windows (for Games) in dual boot config.
The battery runtime under Linux is awesome!
I could go on but long story short:
The Win Max is an awesome device and fits many of my needs perfectly.

Win/Linux dual boot really works those days? I always read horror storys about that. Nice to see that it even works onto such a special device, even if I do not need Linux personaly on a X86 handheld.

Back