GPD WIN MAX ANNOUNCED

Here is another pic

Final-9.jpg

Why the need for so much bezel?

Decrease the bezel... increase the screen size :)

Last edited:
I know it is a mild detail, but has there been any talk about swapping Caps and Tab?

I know from the Vortex Core keyboard experience that it really is a bit of a big deal. You can get used to having Tab sit where Caps 'should be', but it is annoying in a web page driven world to work with an obscure placement for the tab key.

The Vortex Core keyboard shipped with Caps left of A and Tab on a Fn layer of Caps. It drove everyone nuts to where Vortex changed the default mapping in a keyboard BIOS update to 'flip' them, making Tab the top layer and Caps on a Fn layer. Now new batches of the keyboard are shipped with this updated mapping.

I regularly swap caps lock and ctrl on keyboards I own. Not bothered to actually swap they keycaps, but it's easy enough to do in X on Linux. I assume by the name this thing runs Windows, and I can't speak for there, but if it's harder on a unified commercial OS compared to one that's largely a collection of bits and bobs then something's gone wrong.

I know it is a mild detail, but has there been any talk about swapping Caps and Tab?

I know from the Vortex Core keyboard experience that it really is a bit of a big deal. You can get used to having Tab sit where Caps 'should be', but it is annoying in a web page driven world to work with an obscure placement for the tab key.

The Vortex Core keyboard shipped with Caps left of A and Tab on a Fn layer of Caps. It drove everyone nuts to where Vortex changed the default mapping in a keyboard BIOS update to 'flip' them, making Tab the top layer and Caps on a Fn layer. Now new batches of the keyboard are shipped with this updated mapping.

There have been keyboard conversations on the GPD Discord. I mean can there ever be a new UMPC without a keyboard discussion :)

WIN Max Specs As given to me by Wade (GPD CEO)

Processor: Intel i5-1035G7 - 4 cores / 8 threads
TDP: 15 - 25W
Graphics: Intel Irus Plus Graphics 940 - 64EU
RAM: 16GB
Memory Type: LPDDR4 3733Mhz
HD Interface: Socket 3 / Socket 2
Hard Disk type: M.2 2280
HD Size: 512GB
Bus: PCIe Gen 3.0 x 4 / SATA 3.0
Transport Protocol: NVMe 1.3 / AHCI
WiFi: WiFi 6 compatible with IEEE 802.11ax. 2.4G / 5G Dualband. Max 2402 Mbs transmission rate. Support MU-MIMO
Wired Network Card: 10 / 100 / 1000 Mbs adaptive ethernet card
Blue Tooth: 5.0
Interfaces: 1x Thunderbolt 3, 1x USB Type-C 3. 1 Gen 2, 2x USB Type-A 3.1 Gen 1, 1x HDMI 2.0b 4K 60Hz, 1x RJ45, 1x MicroSDXC A2, U3, C10, V30
Touch Pad: Yes
Keyboard: Backlit QWERTY Chicklet
Screen: 8" 800p Capacitive Touch
Battery Capacity: 57Wh 11.4V
Adapter: 65W
LEDs: 1x Standby indicator, 1, HD activity indicator, 1x Charging indicator
Gamepad: Official ALPS dual 3D sticks (compatible with PSV ones), Clickable for L3/R3, Separate direction buttons, L1/L2, R1/R2, Panasonic switches
Weight: 800g
Dimensions: ~ 205mm x 140mm x 24.5mm

Last edited:
WIN Max Specs As given to me by Wade (GPD CEO)

Processor: Intel i5-1035G7 - 4 cores / 8 threads
TDP: 15 - 25W
Graphics: Intel Irus Plus Graphics 940 - 64EU
RAM: 16GB
Memory Type: LPDDR4 3733Mhz
HD Interface: Socket 3 / Socket 2
Hard Disk type: M.2 2280
HD Size: 512GB
Bus: PCIe Gen 3.0 x 4 / SATA 3.0
Transport Protocol: NVMe 1.3 / AHCI
WiFi: WiFi 6 compatible with IEEE 802.11ax. 2.4G / 5G Dualband. Max 2402 Mbs transmission rate. Support MU-MIMO
Wired Network Card: 10 / 100 / 1000 Mbs adaptive ethernet card
Blue Tooth: 5.0
Interfaces: 1x Thunderbolt 3, 1x USB Type-C 3. 1 Gen 2, 2x USB Type-A 3.1 Gen 1, 1x HDMI 2.0b 4K 60Hz, 1x RJ45, 1x MicroSDXC A2, U3, C10, V30
Touch Pad: Yes
Keyboard: Backlit QWERTY Chicklet
Screen: 8" 800p Capacitive Touch
Battery Capacity: 57Wh 11.4V
Adapter: 65W
LEDs: 1x Standby indicator, 1, HD activity indicator, 1x Charging indicator
Gamepad: Official ALPS dual 3D sticks (compatible with PSV ones), Clickable for L3/R3, Separate direction buttons, L1/L2, R1/R2, Panasonic switches
Weight: 800g
Dimensions: ~ 205mm x 140mm x 24.5mm

Those are some pretty sexy specs. It's also really rare to hear about a Thunderbolt port. That means this thing can potentially support external GPUs. Crazy. Also, it's a bit unusual to hear about the battery measured in Wh vs mAh. Do you just multiply/divide by voltage to get one spec vs the other? I think that's it. Anyway, with that much beef for hardware, just how long would the battery last on this thing? Hmmm....

Pretty decend specs, how many ghz got this I5- 1035G7 Quadcore thing?
My fastest Computer is the GPD Win 1, so i ditnt put too many efford to read about modern CPUs,

But whit 16 gb Ram, this Thing seems to be a quite Capable Mobile Computer.., even if its not that Pocketable anymore...

Back