GPD MicroPC

Discussion in 'Everything else' started by vcoleiro1, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Silent-Hunter

Silent-Hunter Hardcore Member

Last night my hinge completely popped open, and two screws fell out. But the design is made so that the plastic will pop apart instead of breaking, and I was able to screw them back in, so it's fixed! Keys still make double characters sometimes, but I think that might be Debian 10's fault. When I was on Debian 9 it didn't happen.

2. Eight Bit

Eight Bit Hardcore Member

Because I had some issues with getting library ebook DRM working on Liinux (It needs Adobe Digital Editions) I now made my MPC dual boot... Djebus what an immense amount of bugs in the windows 10 install... Especially when playing videos the screen goes haywire... Also the Fan seems to be going at it much more often and louder than in Linux...

3. Grench

Grench Forum Addict!

Apparently the first production batch of 4000 boards are being produced this week with assembly starting next week.. First units ship in ~2-3 weeks. Looking forward to this one - hope to make it my new primary phone.

4. levi

levi Still fresh, damnit!

Your GPD Micro-PC? That's basically netbook size isn't it? I do like those devices for travel when I'm on holiday and suchlikes, but as a daily phone?

5. ckblackm

ckblackm Member

My micropc is significantly smaller than my netbook.... the micropc measures about 6"x4.5" (or 15.2cm x 11.4cm assuming my math is correct).

(but I think Grench was referring to another product... wrong group, perhaps?)

levi likes this.
  6. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Administrator Staff Member

Not sure he posted at the right thread - as the MicroPC is out already and it doesn't have phone functions :)

levi likes this.
  7. Grench

Grench Forum Addict!

Sorry. Yes, somehow posted that here instead of the Cosmo thread. My apologies.

levi likes this.