Gpcinema (free) Out Now!

Drumaster posted on May 12 2004 at 01:23 PM said:
DrJones posted on May 12 2004 at 01:18 PM said:
I got it to work with the regular firmware.

1. Install Wind-ups 1.0
2. Start GPcinema using Wind-ups.
3. Set the clock to 133Mhz (optional) or higher if your GP32 can take it.
4. Play the movie. Note that it crashed on playing MoviePark files, but it did play a GPCinema file (Scary Movie 3 trailer).

So there you have it, it'll work without flashing.
:blink:

Simply tell him to use it with Wind-Ups, that's all. ;)
I had my doubts as the first time I went to it through wind-ups and selected the matrix trailer, it rebooted. The second time it did not, but this is probably because I chose 133Mhz as clock speed. However ,the entire Matrix trailer was messed up, just a bunch of moving random garbled blocks with sound behind that.

Thusly, it's also important to choose at least 133Mhz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, my case:

GP32 non FLU, 166Mhz, original firmware -> works

What do they mean with "new firmware"? The eurofirmware of a few months ago?
I'd like to update the firmware, but I want to be sure to flash the most recent one.

Yeah, I have a paid for version. I have to hold start select on startup, choose pacrom then load it up with the original gamepark firmware every time i wanna open gpcinema. Should i get the free one if i wanna be able to load it with windups?(I make my firmware automatically jump to wind-ups) I dont wanna change to aquafish i'd rather stay with what ive got (multi firmware).

Also, is it just a matter of sticking the fxe in gpmm and setting windups to load from it?

Thanks

Well, my case:

GP32 non FLU, 166Mhz, original firmware -> works

What do they mean with "new firmware"? The eurofirmware of a few months ago?
I'd like to update the firmware, but I want to be sure to flash the most recent one.

Thats it :D I dont need any other launcher and all vids i encoded work just fine.

birdofprey posted on May 12 2004 at 01:45 PM said:
Yeah, I have a paid for version. I have to hold start select on startup, choose pacrom then load it up with the original gamepark firmware every time i wanna open gpcinema. Should i get the free one if i wanna be able to load it with windups?(I make my firmware automatically jump to wind-ups) I dont wanna change to aquafish i'd rather stay with what ive got (multi firmware).

Also, is it just a matter of sticking the fxe in gpmm and setting windups to load from it?

Thanks
Aquafish is MULTIFIRMWARE... ;)

"Also, is it just a matter of sticking the fxe in gpmm and setting windups to load from it?"
Yes, just load gpcine.fxe with Wind-Ups, that's all. ;)

Kolkman posted on May 12 2004 at 02:01 PM said:
The new firmware is great ! No need for GP Launch anymore and GP Cinema runs great too !
Have you flashed it? In the zip there is firm_en.fxe, is it the installer? And setup_en? Is it something like GPLink?

Ok, I'm using Mr Spiv's firmware and the oly reason i dont wanna use aquafish is because im confused by the whole 'flashing' thing and i am used to it. Although i would like to be able to load the new official firmware from Mr Spiv's if that is possible? instead of pacrom?

Is this possible?

New firmware things:

Addtion and function changed is as following.

1. Design and Interface changed.
2. Improve file read speed.
3. Early screen background picture support. (except beta version)
4. When one of game or software is to SMC autorun.
(If you don't want autorun. Push start button and turn on GP32)
5. Eight language support ( Korean, English, German, French, Spanish, Dutch, Italian, portuguese )
how to enter in language selection menu.
R button -> R button -> L button -> L button (at Early screen)
6. Transmission speed improve that use USB.
7. GP32 Free Launcher need not any more.

4. When one of game or software is to SMC autorun.
(If you don't want autorun. Push start button and turn on GP32)
That's the best thing about it, my Movie SMC only has GPCinema on it and when I insert it, Aquafish's Firmware boots to the european bios and that immediately launches GPCinema. :D

Back