Gpcinema Encoded File Swap.....

birdofprey

Website
www.dontcallmeginger.co.uk
I have episodes of 'Whose line is it anyway' along with other random comedy shorts and clips. I'd be willing to put them on cd and send them to whoever wants em for a small fee (say £1.50 for the cd/postage)

Am also looking for others who have films / tv shows/episodes already vitualdubbed for GPCinema. If you have any good files please discuss as a community of people sending files will make the process easier. Plus so many people do not have the connection speed to download the files or space on the hard disk to download the files.

Thanks

Its a good idea, but how do you wanna make it work? It would be great if we had the help of some kind of forum or something. That way, people could post the files they had, and then share it or trade it, whatever.
As for me, i had a bunch of movies that i can encode but what i was really interested on were the tv series and episodes. Less space and much more variety.

On the other hand, maybe this a long shot and not so easy to put it together. <_<

Had some more suggestions, anyone :)

it is a good idea - i suggested exactly the same thing last week and got 3 pages of flaming about how Im a pirate.

But i do have loads of (perfecly legal of course) movies and series encoded

birdofprey posted on May 24 2004 at 10:46 AM said:
I have episodes of 'Whose line is it anyway' along with other random comedy shorts and clips. I'd be willing to put them on cd and send them to whoever wants em for a small fee (say £1.50 for the cd/postage)

Am also looking for others who have films / tv shows/episodes already vitualdubbed for GPCinema. If you have any good files please discuss as a community of people sending files will make the process easier. Plus so many people do not have the connection speed to download the files or space on the hard disk to download the files.

Thanks
Hm. Well, I'm not sure about this. I have every single Simpsons episode, all the Futurama, South Park and Family Guy episodes, and I am quite sure that is not too much of a problem legally. That is because I can record anything on TV. The problem is: Those shows are still being sold on DVD and VHS. Now if I would provide the "service" of sending the recorded episodes to othe rpeople, would that not impede the sale of the DVDs? I am not sure about the legal stuff here, but I am quite sure it would be illegal.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Surely it would only be illegal if there was an exchange of money involved. As the programs have been broadcast on TV (not pay channels) then I don't see a problem. Nothing stopping you recording a program for a friend off TV is there?

unfortunatly its not down to us - its down to the moderators - And they say no.

Personally i dont see the prob - We all use emulators and im REALLY sure we all own the original Carts.

However i dont see the problem with a trading forum as long as no details of whats actually being traded is posted in the public forums - Just keep it in the PM`s

Catagorically NO!

Sorry.

Personally i dont see the prob - We all use emulators and im REALLY sure we all own the original Carts.
#

And THATS why we dont allow discussion of rom distribution here either!

If you want to create a forum to trade copyrighted material, create it somewhere else.

Surely it would only be illegal if there was an exchange of money involved. As the programs have been broadcast on TV (not pay channels) then I don't see a problem. Nothing stopping you recording a program for a friend off TV is there?

Actually, there is legally. The only reason you are (legally) allowed to record TV shows is for the purposes of time-shifting (i.e. watching later). Believe it or not, you're not legally allowed to store those shows afterwards (though it's not like the TV stations are going to come hunting you if you do, as we all know.)

Making them available online is a completely different kettle of fish. That's making them available to multiple people, on-demand, for free. I.e. the BBC would become available to non-licence-payers, adn the commercial channels would miss out on the advertising revenue.

It may suck, but it's the truth.

So please, if you want to see this forum continue - take this stuff elsewhere.

Cheers

Axeman posted on May 24 2004 at 05:49 PM said:
Catagorically NO!

Sorry.

#

If you want to create a forum to trade copyrighted material, create it somewhere else.

Actually, there is legally. The only reason you are (legally) allowed to record TV shows is for the purposes of time-shifting (i.e. watching later). Believe it or not, you're not legally allowed to store those shows afterwards (though it's not like the TV stations are going to come hunting you if you do, as we all know.)

Making them available online is a completely different kettle of fish. That's making them available to multiple people, on-demand, for free. I.e. the BBC would become available to non-licence-payers, adn the commercial channels would miss out on the advertising revenue.

Cheers
Hey! your preaching to the choir here
Im well aware you guyss wont allow it - (see prev posts!)

Axeman posted on May 24 2004 at 05:49 PM said:

Cheers
On further investigation that statement seems utter crap - Have you not seem the advertisement for Joes FTP in the castaway forum BLATENTLY advertising ST Roms.

The idea of the forum is NOT to trade in the forum - But make initial contact with other traders.

Which aint HALF as bad as PINNING the topic of were to get illegal ST roms

Back