Questions/comments On Gp32

sensible GP32 posted on Apr 16 2005 at 01:51 PM said:
its not bad!

i run most things at fullspeed without sound!

plus most of the multi format games were much better on the old mega drive :)

ya, but i must have my sound! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Horscht posted on Apr 16 2005 at 01:53 PM said:
@Drak: I'm not sure if I'am getting you right. You want me to overclock os9xgp to 180 MHz so it won't drain as much batteries as 200 MHz, right? If so, which version? 0.1? or 2 or 3?

if it's three, check this thread
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...70&hl=overclock

1st page, last post

ya i want it to be 180mhz for battery heh. But i need it to be a GXB file format cuz the fxe wont run for some odd reason. Do you have/could possibly hex up a 180 Mhz V.2 Fxe and gxb?
:D

well, it should work I tried it on my 214 MHz GP32. Are you sure your GP32 is capable of 180 MHz. And is the file named os9xgp.fxe ? Else it will have probs. I can email you the 0.3 180 MHzG GXB, tho.

Horscht posted on Apr 16 2005 at 01:58 PM said:
well, it should work I tried it on my 214 MHz GP32. Are you sure your GP32 is capable of 180 MHz. And is the file named os9xgp.fxe ? Else it will have probs. I can email you the 0.3 180 MHzG GXB, tho.

ya im pretty sure it can run pretty fast i can overclock it to 200 with DRMD and some other programs. I just cant seem to load FXE version .2 of os9xgp. I also tried to load the 200mhz version of .3 os9xgp and it didnt go. But the GXB 200mhz version .3 os9xgp works so ya.. But i want a 180 to get working.

wait! I never made a 200 Mhz GXB (or released it to be exactly). The GXB that was provided in my original overclocking thread was the UNmodified GXB, just uncompressed. Therefore it ran at 166.

Horscht posted on Apr 16 2005 at 02:08 PM said:
wait! I never made a 200 Mhz GXB (or released it to be exactly). The GXB that was provided in my original overclocking thread was the UNmodified GXB, just uncompressed. Therefore it ran at 166.

ow. ok can u send me the 180mhz gxb? im sure itd work

K0K0NUT_h3lmut posted on Apr 16 2005 at 09:24 PM said:
I'm having problems with snes emulation too. It's wicked slow. I wish snes emulation would be as good as DrMd.

ummm...which emu are you using. Because ione of them is not particularly good, whereas OpenSnes9x is damn near complete (just a slight speedboost when playing with sound and sorting the transparency problems is needed)

Drak posted on Apr 17 2005 at 05:56 AM said:
@Drak: I'm not sure if I'am getting you right. You want me to overclock os9xgp to 180 MHz so it won't drain as much batteries as 200 MHz, right? If so, which version? 0.1? or 2 or 3?

1st page, last post

ya i want it to be 180mhz for battery heh. But i need it to be a GXB file format cuz the fxe wont run for some odd reason. Do you have/could possibly hex up a 180 Mhz V.2 Fxe and gxb?
?? whats the diff between FXE and GXB? Is there a chance when a FXE crash halfway thru the program but a GXB won't? I was running the overclocked 150 and 156 snes9xgp. Only 150 worked. Thats the limit of my gp32 :(! but runnin wifout sound i get a decent framerate. But sound! its the soul of the game! How can there be without sound :(!

Shrapnel posted on Apr 16 2005 at 05:41 PM said:
Drak posted on Apr 17 2005 at 05:56 AM said:

1st page, last post

?? whats the diff between FXE and GXB? Is there a chance when a FXE crash halfway thru the program but a GXB won't? I was running the overclocked 150 and 156 snes9xgp. Only 150 worked. Thats the limit of my gp32 :(! but runnin wifout sound i get a decent framerate. But sound! its the soul of the game! How can there be without sound :(!

I have no idea what the difference is between FXE and GXB but my gamepark doesnt like to read the snes FXE all the time thats why i asked for the GXB heh.

hmm... for curiosity i downloaded Unfxe and managed to upack my snes9xgp into a gxb file. i put the gxb in the gpmm folder but my gp32 won't recognise. must i put in a different folder?

Drak posted on Apr 16 2005 at 09:54 PM said:
sensible GP32 posted on Apr 16 2005 at 01:51 PM said:
its not bad!

i run most things at fullspeed without sound!

plus most of the multi format games were much better on the old mega drive :)

ya, but i must have my sound! lol

Yeah, I too think it is pointless playing games without sound. It is a big part of the experience. This is why I don't use the SNES emus.

K0K0NUT_h3lmut posted on Apr 16 2005 at 09:24 PM said:
I'm having problems with snes emulation too. It's wicked slow. I wish snes emulation would be as good as DrMd.

Yeah, I remember Reesy looked at the code of OSNES once and said that the rendering code was huge. It sounded like he thought quite a bit of optimisation could be done. Now all we need is a coder to re-do it and it would be much better. I still think in the right hands SNES could be close to perfect with sound at 166 MHz . Maybe someday.

Are you insinuating that Reesy do it? :eek:
(*cough* i heard that reesy is godly lolz)
Actually the snes emu is ALMOST PERFECT with sound on frameskip 2. on The 180mhz mod, but the 166mhz is about 2 fps slower which is quite a bit comparing the 22mhz average, and the 20mhz avg. Heh the genesis emulator gos at like 50 average so ya... But for some of the snes games it goes around 30 or so which is pretty slick.

Back