gp32x forums

the new logo reminds me of a typewriter :wacko:

Ravnos said:
WarmFluffyUK said:
Xian Long said:
P.S. I'm not a Sir, I'm female.
In Star Trek, male and female officers are both called 'sir'. Perhaps Xian Long is from the future!
no, i'm from a parallel universe where females are called 'sir' and we already have our pandoras. (so what am i doing here?)

gp2.eXe said:
dflemstr said:
Nah, the size is OK imo. You're just used to the old layout ;)
Probably, but still I think that if the ".com" was made smaller it would feel better... somehow.
They can do whatever they want with it and I'll be fine. :p
I just want the boards back T_T

Offtopic: What? "You may embed only 3 quotes within each other." That's unfair to all those pyramid-quoters! xD
actually, gp23x is the only forum i browse that lets more than 3 quotes, i'm pretty used to 3 quotes, but i wanted to abuse it here too :D

Xian Long said:
no, i'm from a parallel universe where females are called 'sir' and we already have our pandoras. (so what am i doing here?)
So you have a goatee then? Or does the guy who took your place in the other universe have it? I guess what I'm asking is whether or not you're the evil one.

Ravnos said:
Xian Long said:
So you have a goatee then? Or does the guy who took your place in the other universe have it? I guess what I'm asking is whether or not you're the evil one.
You either have a very screwed up perception of reality, or you're reading xkcd too much. But when you think about it: is there a difference?

Ravnos said:
WarmFluffyUK said:
Xian Long said:
P.S. I'm not a Sir, I'm female.
In Star Trek, male and female officers are both called 'sir'. Perhaps Xian Long is from the future!

I think it might be because of your avatar, but when I read your last 2 posts, it totally sounded just like meatwad in my head :lol:

Back on topic, is there a reason why the forum update would take so long?

for some reason after the last upgrade I could not vote on polls, I would submit it, and it would bring me to a blank page(going back to find out it did not process it). Hopefully this time it is fixed.

kloplop321 said:
for some reason after the last upgrade I could not vote on polls, I would submit it, and it would bring me to a blank page(going back to find out it did not process it). Hopefully this time it is fixed.
Same for me, but at least my votes were effective...
It seems like the GP32X board carries some trash configuration data around with it somewhere; they should just clean the config and start from scratch (preserving posts and all other DB data of course)

gp2.eXe said:
Well, the boards are back online. Yay! :lol:

Unfortunately, the new style is completely unusable on my widescreen laptop display - I can view 5 headings when I get new posts, as they take up such an immensely unreasonable amount of space vertically. And I can't seem to change the board theme to something more sensible.

Ah well, looks like I'll be staying here rather than gp32x.de - it was fun, but the forum has been ruined.

Edit: Exactly how much thought went into this "upgrade"? And how much fun will it be browsing it on a Pandora's 480 pixel-high screen?

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, when I made the post I had not seen the new layout...

From my understanding, it wasn't Hando's decision to make the forum upgrade, it was some sort of auto-update. At least I hope so, because they are really different...

I can't say these forums are particularly pretty, but at least they aren't making my head hurt. (I try to read anything on gp2x now and my eyes keep trying to look away in discomfort. How is it doing that?)

Yay for this forum!

Back