Gp32x Collaborative Faq

sam fisher posted on Apr 12 2004 said:
gbax will cost me £115 because of vat.

Would the import customs tax from asia be no more than £30 because if it is only that much lik-sang is cheaper!
Possibly.

"The main problem is import/custom tax. You can end up paying around £30 ontop if you're importing from outside the EU (lik-sang is based in HK if I'm not mistaken). There are ways to get around this - ask the seller to mark the package as a GIFT and give it a value of under £36, but even this isn't garunteed to avoid the tax. If you're up for taking a risk, lik-sang might be worth a try. Otherwise go for Gbax. "

There's way of knowing if you will/won't pay the tax. It's a total gamble.

Last edited by a moderator:
sam fisher posted on Apr 12 2004 said:
p.s. does anyone know when gp cinema will be free to download?
ANd if not how do you get those milage things from joy gp as I need to buy gp cinema.
Should be free at the end of the month.
You can buy mileages at lik sang if you need it now :)

The GamePark uses USB1.

Why is the excellent Atari 800 emulator not mentioned in the emulator list? This emulator is almost perfect and certainly deserves a mention.

Azure posted on Apr 10 2004 said:
Yeah, but that's in a later Virtual Dub version which tends to create files of greater size than 1.4.7, which just about everyone uses.
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=9083

According to that post, 1.4.7 creates a smaller filesize because it encodes it at the incorrect settings... :D

If you have the FLU unit you say the battery life will be 4-6 hours. How about if you have the unit, but the light is turned off, does it last up to 10 like you said?

Is the GP32's screen clear like the NGPC or Not so clear like the GBA (I always see Fuzzing)

cat-mince posted on May 9 2004 said:
Is the GP32's screen clear like the NGPC or Not so clear like the GBA (I always see Fuzzing)
I never noticed any fuzzing :blink:. If you mean are the colours washed out with the flu then yes, slightly. But nothing that affects gameplay or watching films. The screens very sharp though due to the decent resolution of a screen this size.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'fuzzing', but the GP32 screen is slightly better than the GBA's. Unless the game is very dark (as is the case with many space-based shooters on the PC engine) it should be playable indoors with ordinary household lighting. You'll get a clearer picture in bright daylight, but I find that's the case with all reflective handheld screens, including the mighty NGPC (which is of a far better quality than the GP32's).

I'm more than happy knowing that I'm saving battery power with my non-FLU.

I have been wanting to get a gp32 for sometime now. But have noticed that GBAx.com are not selling any intill the new "Blu" version come out.

So I two questions if anyone can help.

i) Why is the Blu better? when they seem that same spec.
ii) Should i buy a second-hand "flu" or wait and pay full price for the new "Blu"

Thanks up-front for any help.

Um welll Compare Sonic Pocket Adventure to Sonic Advance and you'll see what i mean - Sonic Advance is very blurry and the sprites looks fuzzy.

Toker posted on May 10 2004 said:
I have been wanting to get a gp32 for sometime now. But have noticed that GBAx.com are not selling any intill the new "Blu" version come out.

So I two questions if anyone can help.

i) Why is the Blu better? when they seem that same spec.
ii) Should i buy a second-hand "flu" or wait and pay full price for the new "Blu"

Thanks up-front for any help.
here's how it works:
Flu:
1. doesn't eat as much batteries
2. Slight colour discolouration when the light is switched on (I don't noitce it but some do)
IT'S CHEAPER.
Blu:
1. Eats more batteries
2. No colour discolouration
3. Also (I think) you don't get any dust in the screen (which won't happen to your flu as long as you keep it in a case, I use my old GBA case)
IT'S EXPENSIVE

so there's the pro's and con's, you've just gotta make your mind up. Don't forget there's also lik sang which is where I got mine from. There's also pro's and cons between those two. Ask if you'd like to know.

Welcome to the gp32 community :D

Back