GP32Vecx v0.1 released

Sdw

Website
www.ag1976.com
So, since emulator coders seems to get all the praise in the GP32 community, I decided it was time to try my hand at the emulator business ;)

I searched around on the net for a while and found the source to a Vectrex emulator that seemed pretty easy to port. After about two hours I had a working version. Unfortunatly it runs rather slow (only about 40% of full speed).
Then I discovered that someone already had released a Vectrex emulator for GP32 (and judging by the name, it might even be based on the same source!)
Anyway, I decided to release it just for fun.

Download GP32Vecx v0.1

You can only play the built-in game Mine Storm at the moment, but the emulator works fine on other games aswell, I just need to add a user interface with a file-requester etc.

Note that you have to sit and wait at the vectrex screen quite some time before the game begins.

Even though there is already another Vectrex emulator, you did something most of the GP32 owners only wish they could do -- you ported something, and got it to work. Congrats! Stick with it, work your way up on projects, and there's no telling what you'll be able to do!

yeh stick with it though SDW, the other vextrex emu got abandoned and it wasn't working full speed, but you've already got 40% after only 2 hours work!

Thanks for your feedback people!

I have already a new version ready (using CHNs excellent filerequester) that allows you to browse and play any Vectrex ROM. Compatibilty seems OK, atleast many of the games I've tried run fine. Speed is till slow though. :(

Oh, and I just noticed that I left some text in the readme.txt that was originally from TunnelGame 3D. Just ignore that part, OK? :p I've fixed that in the new readme.txt...

Back