Gp32. Ugly Or Sweet Sexy Hottie?

After you got over the big sexy screen, what did you think of the *Casing*?

• Looks great; I love pulling out my GP32 out in public! (subway, in an office, in a park, at my girl/

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Looks okay; I don't mind pulling it out once in awhile but I'm al ittle embarassed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm embarassed to drag it out in public

• No way, it looks like a kid toy but I don't mind loving it in private

• You suck skeezix, go back to your NGage (no, I don't have one thanks :P)

• Total voters

I hate when people call a handheld, no matter who made it, a "Gameboy", or when they always call a console a "Nintendo", or call video games "Nintendo Games". I know people who do... :rolleyes: I HATE WHAT NINTENDO HAVE BECOME!

Captainbubby posted on Mar 23 2005 at 12:09 AM said:
I'm not going to beat around the bush...

Tonight my wife sleeps on the floor, I'm going to make sweet sweet love to my GP32

Help me think of a sexy line to deliver to my GP32

Oh I know!

SMC stands for something too baby...

I think I'll use that one

*danza slaps the GP32*
:lol: haha! :lol:

I think I sense a candidate for the LOL files.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with most of the sentiment here.

I do love the way the GP looks, but would love it more if it was black, for sure.

I'm 27 years old and am not ashamed at all to play the thing in public.

It does look enough like a GBA that most people do think that's what it is initially, anyone who gets interested enough invariably drops their jaw when they find out what it really is and what it can do... 300 classic games on one SMC is usually enough to win almost anyone over :)

I think that's about the only thing I dont like about it... having such a rare, odd system is just no fun if everyone just thinks it's a GBA....

hahaha all this talk about masquerading and being "imbarresed" for playing "game systems" reminds me of when they did that for Harry Potter by changing the cover art and font and text size.

When i wasn't homeschooled i'd play it all the time at school. most of the time people ignored me and didn't care. But some came up to me and asked if it was a "Gameboy", i'd tell them "No, it's a GP32!" B) , then then ask me what it is, and then i would usualy tell them to Fuck Off. :p

I want to paint mine cause the white, is ok, but boring and too simple, but i'm afraid to take it apart as it's a FLU and i don't want the light to stop working as i don't know my way around the components and screw something up. <_<

I am also a victim of loads of people gazing at it, in school or out and then interupting play by asking me if it is a 'game boy' or a 'new game boy', it gets annoying, kinda funny though :lol: . When I first recieved my GP32 I thought it looked quite horrible, one reason was the frame around the screen that raises upwards a bit (also I hated the control stick but I think it's great now) but after a week or so I started liking the look and then fell in love. I want to paint my FLU aswell but I'm scared of screwing up the light. :D

Blah posted on Mar 23 2005 at 04:14 PM said:
I hate when people call a handheld, no matter who made it, a "Gameboy", or when they always call a console a "Nintendo", or call video games "Nintendo Games". I know people who do... :rolleyes: I HATE WHAT NINTENDO HAVE BECOME!

Oh what I'd give for that to be true again.

Everything's all 'Playstation this' and 'Playstation that' now.
And you watch, now that Sony's in the handheld game, in a few years time everyone will ferer to all handhelds as Playatation too.

Sony have a hell of a lot to answer for...

I liked the soft curves and sensuous bumps from the start. :wub:
But my joystick feels loose :( I despise that joystick :angry: Too easy to slip into a diagonal :rolleyes:

I think the design is 80s-retro, just like most of the games I play on it. ^_^

I like that 80s tech stylee.

At least it isn't beige
icon8.gif

Attachments

• icon8.gif
    icon8.gif
    677 bytes · Views: 143
I think it looks fine. Even so it's not what it looks like but what it does and for me nothing compares..... :wub:

FYI I prefer the look of my N-Gage QD. IMO The GP32 looks a bit cheapish. The white casing and the dodgy plastic screen protector, though it looks very slightly better than the GBA.

PSP is my favourite looker and looks great in white as well if you've seen the special Gran Turismo edition, no way ANYONE can be embarrassed with that beast. Everytime I look at it I get all warm and fuzzy inside :rolleyes: :lol:

alyinsanfran posted on Mar 23 2005 at 01:30 AM said:
If it was black it'd look a hell of a lot sexier.

Black shows up marks and scratches and doesn't age very well.

I think the original white looks the best - it doesn't show up any marks or scratches. Mine still looks as good as new.

Blah posted on Mar 23 2005 at 08:44 AM said:

that's even more interesting in my country. here everybody calls arcade machines "ATARI" and arcade saloons "ATARI SALOON". same thing goes with console units, i have even heard "TETRIS ATARI" for those stupid brick game things.

At least Atari did make a Tetris at one point (then got sued for it :p)

I never thought of it looking a little Dreamcasty.. slick :)

Boobies on the back! (If only we all had boobies on our backs, the world would be veryu different..)

I think Prophet nailed it for me; I'm more into development than playing th egames I think (always some coding to do, never enough time to play :p), but theres nothing better than carrying around a pocket full of gaming for when you need it.. masquerading it is :) Thats what separate gadget freaks from everyone else :p

jeff

Paint the grey parts bright blue, stick an apple logo on it and would become a real beauty. In fact i´m a bit embarrassed to play it in public, looks too kiddy. Instead i watch movies, sum ppl get very excited about that, cause they´re thinking i Watch TV...

Great poll Skeezix! I think about this often. I'm 35, and I always feel weird pulling out any handheld to play in public. If you're waiting at the doctors office or around strangers, it's no big deal. But at work or around people you know, you feel like they're judging you. I think the GP32 looks nice, but it does look like a child's toy. And the word "GameBOY" sounds like handhelds are for little boys. (Thanks for that stigma, Nintendo) . I LOATHE the name Gameboy. At least the DS doesn't have "boy" in the name, but Nintendo still sounds like it's for kids.
Prophet, I couldn't agree with you more. At least the Zodiac and other PDA's look professional, and it's more socially acceptable to have a phone or PDA with games on it.
But pull out a handheld, and you're toast. I don't think the PSP will have that problem though, picking mine up tomorrow. :D
I wish the GP32 was black. I may try to paint it. But I really think the GP32 is too big. I wish I could put it in my pocket easier. Someone should sell slimmer modified cases for it. I might try to build one myself, I've been thinking about it for awhile. I'm also going to put a Lithium Ion battery in it, the one from my now dead N-gage.

bast525 posted on Mar 23 2005 at 07:33 AM said:
I think that's about the only thing I dont like about it... having such a rare, odd system is just no fun if everyone just thinks it's a GBA....
My feelings exactly. I too have heard the "Is that a GB/Mobile phone?" questions. :rolleyes:

I'd love to paint mine black or have an unusual design like the all yellow Kill Bill style case I saw somewhere a while back.

Pulstar posted on Mar 23 2005 at 03:47 PM said:
...., I've been thinking about it for awhile. I'm also going to put a Lithium Ion battery in it, the one from my now dead N-gage.

Don't bother with a lithium ion, just buy some Rayovac Ic3 batteries. They charge quick and last longer than alkalines anyway.

Back