Gp32. Ugly Or Sweet Sexy Hottie?

After you got over the big sexy screen, what did you think of the *Casing*?

• Looks great; I love pulling out my GP32 out in public! (subway, in an office, in a park, at my girl/

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Looks okay; I don't mind pulling it out once in awhile but I'm al ittle embarassed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm embarassed to drag it out in public

• No way, it looks like a kid toy but I don't mind loving it in private

• You suck skeezix, go back to your NGage (no, I don't have one thanks :P)

• Total voters

skeezix

Internal Development
Website
www.codejedi.com
(I'm not trying to make flamebait.. you all know I love my GP and I can't wait to get the BLU in a day or two :)

I keep my GP32 at home; once in awhile I take it to work to show off to other gamers and coders; gadget freaks like me tend to like it since of course its got a very large screen and oozes retro-coolness. Its also rare which makes it a conversation piece. Psh your NGage, look at this here GP32....

But no way I'd wander around with it in my hand in the office. (I'm surrounded by suits; I'm the old school comfy dressing coder with the loud cubicle people hang out at to play Atari 2600 games in..)

I'm ont sure what it is about it that makes me think "kiddy looking"; big screenis good, but I think its just the colour. White is goofy and makes me think pre-school.

So when you *first* saw the GP32, you thought "big screen!" and then you thought "I'm going to fir eup TG16 on this *so* fast"..

But what was your *third* thought?

jeff

If you take offence at this, then do forgive, and also, get a life :)

How can you not find the gp32_console sexy? It's got boobies in the back! :lol:

hw-GP32-Back.jpg

Attachments

• hw-GP32-Back.jpg
    hw-GP32-Back.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 148
I definatly think it could look better.. especially in Black or a mettalic silver but whites the next best thing. Mine does look a little goofy cause of the glass screen mod

How can you not find the gp32.gif sexy? It's got boobies in the back! laugh.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol: draw some tits! :huh: no that'd be too wierd :unsure:

Yeah, I've been tempted to paint it up; now that I'll have a FLU and BLU I'm tempted to paint up the FLU and if it goes well, perhaps try a transplant. (thogh FLU has that extra switch on the back... I'd hate to try it on the BLU and ruin the case :)

/me fears

Some good photos there :)

jeff

People at work mistake my Zodiac for a Gameboy or a cell phone (go figure). If held vertically they think it's a PDA or some othe random gadget. But it's black, it's curvy, thin and sleek - so it mostly leaves people unsure what it is. Which is good. ;) I would never bring my GP32 out with me, not to work. But mostly it's just me getting old. I don;t think the GP32 is bad looking, but it does look like a game system - which is what it is afterall.

I think old guys (like me and Skeezix, hehe) have a thing for PDA's that can play games because it allows us to sorta masquerade as "serious grownups" and still have our games with us. ;) The GP32 doesn't work for that.

I hate being old... Dagnabbit.

I'm 36 and I work for a major telecomunications company. I bring my GP32 to work every night, and usually get in in a good 2-4 hours/shift of quality game time :)

I don't care what others think of me. At all. Fuck 'em.

/me goes back to playing Kid Chameleon. :wub:

shinneri posted on Mar 22 2005 at 10:21 PM said:
I think the GP32 is a sweet-looking little console. It's small with a HUGE screen and the gray and off-white combo looks very nice... just like my Dreamcast...

Rest in Peace, Dreamcast. :(

Exactly.

And mine looks even better now since I modified an aluminum PSP carrying case so that my GP32 would fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it would look much better in black but I don't care much. It looks better than a GBA, or a DS, not as good as a PSP. The PSP looks the best I think. I am not to freaked out about it though, if someone sees me playing it and thinks I am too old to be playing a "gameboy" fuck 'em.

I'm not going to beat around the bush...

Tonight my wife sleeps on the floor, I'm going to make sweet sweet love to my GP32

Help me think of a sexy line to deliver to my GP32

Oh I know!

SMC stands for something too baby...

I think I'll use that one

*danza slaps the GP32*

I think it looks cool and the fact that it is white and simple but cool in design, keeps your attention on the game rather than oogling the console. :D
I thought it was *very* nice looking, but others (people who are renowned locally for their stupidity) think it is a GBA, literally. :angry:

They said "Oh, that's the 3rd best console, check out that new PS" :angry: :blink: :huh:

They somehow combined DS and PSP in their minds, one person called the PSP, "Playstation Gameboy", it made me think "why and how would Nintendo make a 'Playstation Gameboy', please tell me." :blink: :huh: :ph34r: :p B) gp32_console

Too many smilies? :lol:

Don't ya love the "What kind of gameboy is thaaat???" questions?

i still think 1st version of GBA is my favorite looking device (i have a purple one - which is kinda funky but it still looks really cool)

hated the GP32 style when I first saw it, but now i am quite fond of it. I think it looks fine. only thing i don't like is how kinda shoddy it feels, it "feels" like a kid's toy. GBA feels pretty sturdy + lean, and I am sure PSP feels pretty damned precision as well (i saw one for the first time yesterday, holy crap it looked nice.. but i don't care really)

cool topic skeezix!! haha

Back